cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot submit "Wireline Number Transfer"

Hi,

I am trying to activate my SIM card and transfer a number from my current, active landline with Bell.

On the "phone number" step of the activation process, I entered my number, checked eligibility and filled the required fields (name, adress, alternate contact number, change in other services,etc.), checked the "I am authorized" box, but I get the following error message:

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox 

The thing is that I am never asked for an account number, serial number or security pin! 

I did enter a valid contact number (I tried 2 different ones) and checked the autorization box. 

I tried entering "Bell" and my Bell account password in the fields for "Reseller name (if applicable)" and "Old Account Password (if applicable)", without success. 

I tried going through the process multiple times in both firefox and internet explorer browsers.

Am I missing something? 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Cannot submit "Wireline Number Transfer"

Do you still owe Bell money? Or did you cancel your plan with them? If you owe them anything or no longer have a plan with them you cannot port your number.

You can also create an account with a new number and port your old number after.

Thanks for the info but it is not that: My service is active and account balance is 0$. 

Tav

Try a differen't browser, incognito mode or another device if you can. I hear that helps. Good luck!

Your Bell password is likely your voicemail pin number.

Keep it simple. Try again with Bell account number only. You can find your account on the Bell invoice or under your login Bell website. Make sure that your Bell profile name match the name you give to PM. Good Luck!

Good idea. I have tried firefox and explorer already, I'll try incognito mode next.

I am never asked for an account number....

Do I enter it in the field for old account password?

I do not have voicemail with Bell (unless I just never set it up ... I'll have to look into that).

Most mobile companies now automatically include voicemail and activate it even if you never use it. You may need to contact them for the PIN number.