cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot submit "Wireline Number Transfer"

ChristopheM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to activate my SIM card and transfer a number from my current, active landline with Bell.

On the "phone number" step of the activation process, I entered my number, checked eligibility and filled the required fields (name, adress, alternate contact number, change in other services,etc.), checked the "I am authorized" box, but I get the following error message:

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox 

The thing is that I am never asked for an account number, serial number or security pin! 

I did enter a valid contact number (I tried 2 different ones) and checked the autorization box. 

I tried entering "Bell" and my Bell account password in the fields for "Reseller name (if applicable)" and "Old Account Password (if applicable)", without success. 

I tried going through the process multiple times in both firefox and internet explorer browsers.

Am I missing something? 

25 REPLIES 25

ChristopheM

You were right, a private message to the mods got me a reply much faster than tagging. I'll go ahead and accept this as the solution since nothing else worked. 

Thanks again for the help.

@ChristopheM wrote:

@will13am& @domptg 

Below are screenshots of the menus I have access to.

I do have my account number and customer ID info, but nowhere to enter them...

I tried again, this time using an incognito IE browser, and still get the same error message.

Before checking number eligibilityBefore checking number eligibilityMenu appearing after checking number eligibilityMenu appearing after checking number eligibility

Wow, I wasn't aware the form for wireline number transfer is so different compared to wireless.  Well I guess you have to follow the script and supply the information as requested.  The additional notes field is where I would supply the account number.  I would write it in the form of a note.  I have a suspicious feeling the porting for wireline may be done manually.

@ChristopheM wrote:

@computergeek541, I think you are right; time to call the mods. I'll just tag them here to start in case there is a solution (so that others can see) and I'll send a private message if they need private information.

Tagging them isn't going to do anything.  They will simply tell you to send them a private message.  It's not a matter of "if" they need you to privately send them more details. You must do it privately or they can't touch your account.  You absolutely will need to provide personal informaiton, so I would just contact them now, so can reduce the amount of time that you have to wait.

I would skip all those details.  I know that you want to tell them why it isn't working for you, but in the end, it could just further complicate things and make it so that they do not understand what you need.  All they really need to know is that you have been unable to submit a port request using the self-serve system and then you can provide them with all your Bell Canada account details.  I would first concentrate on getting your phone number transfered and you service working as needed.  After that is all done, then you can give them your feedback about your experience.

ChristopheM

@computergeek541, I think you are right; time to call the mods. I'll just tag them here to start in case there is a solution (so that others can see) and I'll send a private message if they need private information.

@CS_Agent, I am still unable to complete the Wireline Number Transfer to port my landline number from Bell to Public Mobile.

I get this error message when submitting the form in the screenshot below (after filling it, of course).

•   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)

publicMobile_WirelineNumberTransfer.png

As mentionned in my original post, I never get asked about an account number, serial number or PIN.

Here is a list of things that were attempted/checked:

- I tried 2 different aternative numbers (with correct format)

- I did check the autorization box

- I used different browsers: firefox, internet explorer and internet explorer in incognito mode

- Bell account is paid 

- Bell account is active

- I made sure to enter name and adress exactly as they are in my Bell account records 

- I tried selecting cancelling other sevices (I have a reseller DSL on that line) or no changes (I dont have other Bell services).

One thing that I have not tried is to activate my Public Mobile SIM card with a new number and port my old number afterwards. Would that cause any issues? Is there any reason to believe that would work any better?

As you already know, I don't believe the system is even submitting the request.

Since you've tried numerous times and with different web browsers, I think it's fair to say that you've tried what you can to complete this processs yourself.

I believe it's time that you have the moderators submit the porting request to Bell for you.  Moderator_Team can be contacted through this website's private messaging system.  The people who view the messages for that account are employees of Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChristopheM

@will13am& @domptg 

Below are screenshots of the menus I have access to.

I do have my account number and customer ID info, but nowhere to enter them...

I tried again, this time using an incognito IE browser, and still get the same error message.

Before checking number eligibilityBefore checking number eligibilityMenu appearing after checking number eligibilityMenu appearing after checking number eligibility

ChristopheM

@computergeek541, I agree that it sounds more like a website problem, which is why I keep trying in different ways but so far no sucess...

When submitting a port request through Public Mobile's website and it immediately comes up with an that on-screen error message with possible reasons for failure and that the old provider rejected the request, I don't believe for a second that is accurate.

I beleive when this happens, it is purely a website/Public Mobile issue.  Public Mobile just doesn't know that quickly if the old provider rejected the request.  If they did, it would never take a a few hours or a few days for a port request to complete.  All port requests would be complete within a few seconds (which they aren't).

@ChristopheM, ah, glad you knew about the dry loop ahead of time.  Just thought it might have been a problem.  I've not attempted a wireline port, so I'm not familiar with the form you'll be filling out.

ChristopheM

@stonechucke, Yes I do have a DSL from a reseller on that line. I have already contacted them and will have them install their own dry-loop after my Bell service gets cancelled. They didn't seem to think that the presence of a DSL would prevent Bell from cancelling the service: they said that cancelling my Bell landline would just make my DSL stop working until a dry loop in installed.  

In the Wireline Number Transfer page, I had tried the both options of not changing services on that line (since I don't have other Bell services) or cancelling services on that line (just in case). In both cases, I get the same error message as in the original post almost right away. 

@ChristopheM, do you have DSL internet or something similar on your wireline?  This may be part of the problem, as Bell will need to cancel that service, unless you set up a dry-loop service for it.

ChristopheM

@domptg : This is a screen that I am not getting. 

Nothing shows up before I enter my number and click Check Eligibility. After I do that, I get the Wireline Number Transfer page, not the Wireless Number Transfer page.

I'll post a screenshot later.

domptg
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ChristopheM wrote:

Just to clarify, this is a landline number that I am trying to port.

I'll try again after work, but in all my previous attemps I never had any field in which I could enter account number, IMEI (My old service doesn't have one anyway), or PIN. After I verify number eligibility, I get asked about my name, adress, alternative contact number, whether I am changing adress, what to do for other services associated with this landline, reseller name(if applicable) and Old account password(if applicable). 

PM Porting Nr Screen.PNG

ChristopheM

Just to clarify, this is a landline number that I am trying to port.

I'll try again after work, but in all my previous attemps I never had any field in which I could enter account number, IMEI (My old service doesn't have one anyway), or PIN. After I verify number eligibility, I get asked about my name, adress, alternative contact number, whether I am changing adress, what to do for other services associated with this landline, reseller name(if applicable) and Old account password(if applicable). 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ChristopheM wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to activate my SIM card and transfer a number from my current, active landline with Bell.

On the "phone number" step of the activation process, I entered my number, checked eligibility and filled the required fields (name, adress, alternate contact number, change in other services,etc.), checked the "I am authorized" box, but I get the following error message:

The thing is that I am never asked for an account number, serial number or security pin! 

I did enter a valid contact number (I tried 2 different ones) and checked the autorization box. 

I tried entering "Bell" and my Bell account password in the fields for "Reseller name (if applicable)" and "Old Account Password (if applicable)", without success. 

I tried going through the process multiple times in both firefox and internet explorer browsers.

Am I missing something? 

@ChristopheM, to verify account ownership for porting, you need to enter any one of account number, IMEI or PIN associated with the old service.  You don't need to supply all 3.  Some people enter all 3 as if more is better.  You can do that but if there is any mismatch, the port fails.  So it is best to go minimalist to reduce data entry errors.  Take a look at your monthly Bell bill.  There should be an account number on the bill.  When entering the account number, do not include the separators such as dashes or spaces.  For the name, enter the name exactly as it appears on the phone bill.  Check off the authorization to port box and submit it.  I have done more ports than I can count into Public Mobile and have never had a failure using this formula.  Give it a shot and report back the result.

domptg

Try again and I asure you that you have to put your Bell account number in order to get the number port done to PM.

Most mobile companies now automatically include voicemail and activate it even if you never use it. You may need to contact them for the PIN number.

ChristopheM

I do not have voicemail with Bell (unless I just never set it up ... I'll have to look into that).

ChristopheM

I am never asked for an account number....

Do I enter it in the field for old account password?

ChristopheM

Good idea. I have tried firefox and explorer already, I'll try incognito mode next.

domptg

Keep it simple. Try again with Bell account number only. You can find your account on the Bell invoice or under your login Bell website. Make sure that your Bell profile name match the name you give to PM. Good Luck!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Your Bell password is likely your voicemail pin number.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try a differen't browser, incognito mode or another device if you can. I hear that helps. Good luck!

ChristopheM

Thanks for the info but it is not that: My service is active and account balance is 0$. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Do you still owe Bell money? Or did you cancel your plan with them? If you owe them anything or no longer have a plan with them you cannot port your number.

You can also create an account with a new number and port your old number after.

Need Help? Let's chat.