cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot setup account with my email address.

mccormiermt6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I created an account for my daughter but used my email address. Now I want to create an account for myself and can’t because I used my address for my daughter’s account. So I changed the email address associated with my daughter’s account to her own email address. I’m now trying to setup an account with my own email address but it appears to still be associated with my daughter’s account and also I cannot reset it.

10 REPLIES 10

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try submitting another ticket.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

ToK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I still haven't recieved a response from a moderator for a ticket that I opened on Saturday (Nov 30).  Should I wait?  or should I open another ticket?  Is there a way to check the status of an open ticket?

@ToK wrote:

How long does it usually take for a moderator to respond?
I created a ticket yesterday and haven't heard back.
Is it because it is the weekend? 

Public Mobile's says up to 48 hours, although times can vary greatly.  There are at least some moderators working every day of the year, even holidays.

ToK

How long does it usually take for a moderator to respond?
I created a ticket yesterday and haven't heard back.
Is it because it is the weekend? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mccormiermt6  The easiest way you resolve this issue is if you email provider allows you to setup and use aliases. If yes, just setup an alias and use that for the second account.

@ToK wrote:

I changed it through "Edit Profile" the "Change Username".
That seemed to work OK at first, but now I can't access the self service account associated with her phone number.

@ToK 

You can change that in her profile, but it actually does not change the login email address.  You will need to contact moderator to get mod to change for you to login to her account.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Edit:  Here is the help article confirming above:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-self-serve-email-address

ToK

I changed it through "Edit Profile" the "Change Username".
That seemed to work OK at first, but now I can't access the self service account associated with her phone number.

@ToK wrote:

I did the exact same thing - with a slightly different outcome.

I set up my daughter's phone a couple of months ago with my email account.

Yesterday, I got a second SIM card and registered it for use with my own phone.

I changed the details in her account to her name and email address.

I was then able to create a new account for myself with my email address for my new phone number.

I can access the account for the new phone number without any issue but now I can't access her account anymore.

And I can't create a new account with her email address and phone number either.

@ToK 

Did you change your daughter's email address by contacting moderator?  You can do it yourself in the self service account.  Moderator has to change login email address.  

ToK

I did the exact same thing - with a slightly different outcome.

I set up my daughter's phone a couple of months ago with my email account.

Yesterday, I got a second SIM card and registered it for use with my own phone.

I changed the details in her account to her name and email address.

I was then able to create a new account for myself with my email address for my new phone number.

I can access the account for the new phone number without any issue but now I can't access her account anymore.

And I can't create a new account with her email address and phone number either.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mccormiermt6 only the moderators can change an email address associated with an account. You'd need to click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket, the moderators will get back to you usually hopefully today.  If you used a Gmail email you can add +mine or something before the @ in the address and that will work too and it will still go to your email address 

Need Help? Let's chat.