cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive texts or calls

shine2k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my account and ported my number over from my old provider. I'm able to send texts and make calls just fine but I can't receive anything at all.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shine2k wrote:

Thank you. I guess I'm just a little impatient. I'll come back and update this post a little later

@shine2k I'm guessing since we never heard back from you that all is well?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CrankyAvocado wrote:

Hi, I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile a few days ago. It just takes a little bit of time. My telephone line was the last thing to port over. It's pretty normal. If it's still not working tonight, try private messaging a mod. Good luck!

You sound pretty positive for a @CrankyAvocado, haha.

CrankyAvocado

Hi, I ported my number over from Virgin Mobile a few days ago. It just takes a little bit of time. My telephone line was the last thing to port over. It's pretty normal. If it's still not working tonight, try private messaging a mod. Good luck!

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shine2k wrote:

I just activated my account and ported my number over from my old provider. I'm able to send texts and make calls just fine but I can't receive anything at all.

That is normal. It means that the port is not 100% complete yet. At this point you have two choices. Use you old SIM with your old provider until it stops working which means the port is now 100% complete.  Or you can continue to use the PM until you receive a text from PM informing you that the port has completed. At that point everything should work.

Hope this helps.

shine2k

Thank you. I guess I'm just a little impatient. I'll come back and update this post a little later

@shine2k wrote:

This is just the way number porting works.  Assuming that you provided the correct account infromation about your old carrier, and there are no problems, a phone number transfer should be completed within the next few hours.  To receive calls, you'd have to continue to keep using your old carrier for now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shine2k wrote:

@shine2k it can take a few hours.  Try rebooting in a bit and get someone to call or text you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.