cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls.

agrapartmax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently signed up with public after moving back from Australia. I selected to use my number that I had before i left ( 2 years ago ) because it was still unassigned. Im and having issues with receiving calls as is says when you call my number "this number is not assigned" but i can make outgoing calls and use data and everything. its a mobile phone and it says it would take a few hours but its been 2 days. is this normal? what should i do?

7 REPLIES 7

@agrapartmax wrote:

I have recently signed up with public after moving back from Australia. I selected to use my number that I had before i left ( 2 years ago ) because it was still unassigned. Im and having issues with receiving calls as is says when you call my number "this number is not assigned" but i can make outgoing calls and use data and everything. its a mobile phone and it says it would take a few hours but its been 2 days. is this normal? what should i do?

You were able to find it in the phone number selection list? I'm a little surprised because the activation portal only allow you to search for the last 4 digits of the phone number.   I think part of the reason customers are wondering if you tried to use the transfer a phone number in/number porting option during activation because if the phone number belonged to another carrier and you tried to port it in but it wasn't active, the symptoms that you've stated are similar to what would happen.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@agrapartmax 

Restart your phone and try your number again and make sure no typo on your number. 

If you still the "number unassigned" message, create a support ticket to get your account checked by a moderator.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@agrapartmax  If that was a PM number and account was in suspended state more than 90 days, the number is gone. Just pick a new one to get service going. 

@metropublic 

I think they didn't port bit just selected the same number.

It's not possible to port from over account to another or from a purged account. I believe the error would show up telling you that the number is not transferable and ask you to check your typing. That is if the number was not originally ported from another company.

During the signup you can just select the same exchange and keep toggling with a random one until the right first 3 numbers show up. Then you can pick your own last 4 numbers. If it's not available the system will let you know and you won't be able to proceed until you chose something else. So the op was just lucky.

@agrapartmax is this how you obtained your I number? 

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@agrapartmax  I order to be able to use the same number (port-in) the following are best practices:

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
  2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
  3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need.

Are you sure that number was unassigned?  During activation you can enter the number to port-in but if it's not active or doesn't belong to you then you would be able to make calls but not receive calls.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Contact mods to investigate

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.