cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls

annachou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today is my first day with Public Mobile. I cannot receive incoming calls. I use iphone6. Please help.

14 REPLIES 14

@albertyu wrote:

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device.

I would say trying SIM on another phone should be FIRST step in debugging issues with sms/calls.

I had issue where TextNow was main app handling incoming/outgoing calls. Modifying settings which app is default (changed to system/phone app) issue has been resolved.

I guess not everybody has access to spare phone but if you do make it 'clean' - do factory reset and do not install any apps nor change settings from factory defaults. That way if your current phone starts misbehaving you will be able to easily determine who is culprit.

albertyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Let me know this helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mombear wrote:

yes but no one has answered for 3 days

Yeah. Sucks. Keep waiting. Not long ago I heard 24 hours. I guess not.

mombear

yes but no one has answered for 3 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mombear wrote:

also have same issue please i need help it has been like this for a week

Did you read this thread?

Did you send a private message to the mods?

mombear

also have same issue please i need help it has been like this for a week

@r_tavares wrote:

I have the same problem and after 32h from activation and multiple private emails to moderators, the problem persists. ...  This is getting ridiculous.

Any community help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

RT

When  outgoing calls work, but incoming don't, this means that your number port has not been completed or has failed (if you requested a number transfer).  This is an account issue.  No one in the community can help you with anything like that.  You will have to wait until moderators respond to you. If this is a number porting issue (which is probably is), you'll have them resumbit another request on your behalf.

In the meanwhile, a stuck number port would mean that incoming calls are still going to your older carrier's service.  If you continue to use that old sim card, you shouldn't miss any of your phone calls.

r_tavares

I have the same problem and after 32h from activation and multiple private emails to moderators, the problem persists. ...  This is getting ridiculous.

Any community help would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

RT

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dkiljan wrote:

Hello 

I am new to Public Mobile, and my phone number has yet to be ported. Can someone help me ensure that my number is ported from Rogers you guys?

Thanks,

@dkiljan

How long has it been since you filled out your port request?  Port-ins can take between 5 min to 2 hours to complete typically, sometimes a bit longer.  If it's been more than 12 hours I would then contact a moderator to assist.

Send them a private message using this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number, number you are trying to port, account number from your old carrier and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

annachou

Thanks . It helped me solve my problem.

dkiljan

Hello 

I am new to Public Mobile, and my phone number has yet to be ported. Can someone help me ensure that my number is ported from Rogers you guys?

Thanks,

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@annachou

As you just started with PM today, did you request a port-in of your number.  It sounds like you may have a port in progress.  They can usually take between 5 min to 2 hours to complete. 

If it's been longer than 12 hours I would ask the moderators to look at it.  Send them a private message using this link: @CS_Agent@, provide them with your name, account number, old account number (previous carrier), name on old account and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you

annachou

Phone is unlocked. Yes shows PM on left corner of phone. I have the 25 dollar plan. I can call out .

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does your phone show the Public Mobile network at the top left corner? 

Can you make outgoing calls?

can you text?

can you use data?

what is your plan? 

Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.