cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls

am-fe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

A couple of days ago I had taken out the $50 plan with PM to test it out. Since I was happy I ported my existing number yesterday afternoon from Freedom mobile and also setup autopay.

After receiving a text stating the migration was successfully completed, I am able to make calls, send and receive texts, however cannot receive calls.

I have gone online and done everything from previous people i.e. take sim card out, restart etc yet nothing has resolved the problem.

Does anyone know how can I can go about getting the issue fixed?

7 REPLIES 7

am-fe

The matter just resolved itself. That took a long time but its fine now.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@am-fe wrote:

Hi,

A couple of days ago I had taken out the $50 plan with PM to test it out. Since I was happy I ported my existing number yesterday afternoon from Freedom mobile and also setup autopay.

After receiving a text stating the migration was successfully completed, I am able to make calls, send and receive texts, however cannot receive calls.

I have gone online and done everything from previous people i.e. take sim card out, restart etc yet nothing has resolved the problem.

Does anyone know how can I can go about getting the issue fixed?

@am-fe  What happens when you get a call from a caller outside the PM network? Does it go to VM? 

Does your Freedom sim still work?

Sounds like your porting maybe stuck.  Contact a moderator for further assistance.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It can take 48 - 72 hours for a response depending on their workload.

Good Luck.

am-fe

Yes can confirm correct number was posted. I also ported my wife's number and can receive calls from her now she is with PM but no other number.

I'm assuming it's an issue on PM end

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This might be a silly question, but are you sure you ported the right number? You probably have because you said you can receive text messages. Just wanted to be certain that callers are dialing the right number.

GC

am-fe

I'll give it a try

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you try the lost/stolen trick? Using your account report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

@am-fe
If you tried that you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.