cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls

Owenfitz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After activating my new sim and getting all set up i switched my new public mobile number to my old providers number and since then i have not been able to receive calls but i can make outgoing calls,texts  and and also get incoming texts. Its been about 4 days since i switched numbers.

10 REPLIES 10

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Owenfitz wrote:

After activating my new sim and getting all set up i switched my new public mobile number to my old providers number and since then i have not been able to receive calls but i can make outgoing calls,texts  and and also get incoming texts. Its been about 4 days since i switched numbers.

If you put in your old SIM card in you phone are you still able to use it?. If yes, it means that the port is not complete or there is something has gone wrong with the porting process.

The fact that you can send and receive texts is puzzling because that would suggest that the port has been completed.

When the port is complete you will usualy get a text from PM saying that the port was compteted.

If you can still use your old SIM then use it and send a message to the @CS_Agent by clicking on the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't mind my 2 cents...:)

I agree with austinhuang and srlawren that this is a porting issue.

I agree with krazykiwi that why the heck not... whatever might work to get the customer going.

I don't agree with calling out krazykiwi on it for suggesting something that might work.

But who am I and what do I know. 🙂

@srlawren wrote:

@krazykiwi sorry, but @austinhuang is right.  The lost/stolen trick is effective if you've got *activation* issues, but not for *porting* issues, which is what @Owenfitz is experiencing.  EDIT: it definitely appears to be a porting issue based on his list of what is and isn't working.  Though, now I'm second guessing myself because he can receive texts but not calls.  Hmmm.

Unfortunately I have to disagree, like I said when I was helping a friend they had a few issues, some to do with Bell not unlocking the phone but in the end when we did the Lost/Stolen trick it all started working. I am not saying it will fix the issue but there is certainly no harm in trying and their description is some what vague as to what is not working. 

EDIT: My reasoning is that I know it won't fix a port but it is possible that the port did finish but something else in the process caused the account not to update. We all know there are many proverbial ghost in the PM machine.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi sorry, but @austinhuang is right.  The lost/stolen trick is effective if you've got *activation* issues, but not for *porting* issues, which is what @Owenfitz is experiencing.  EDIT: it definitely appears to be a porting issue based on his list of what is and isn't working.  Though, now I'm second guessing myself because he can receive texts but not calls.  Hmmm.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I meant lost/found is for people who got their existing service cut, not for new customers.

I already said "check your old sim" but at the end of the day most matters will require mod intervention

@austinhuang Will, your first statement is wrong and frankly so is your second.

I have personally used the Lost/Stolen trick with my friends new activation and it worked. This solutions works almost any time an account needs resetting.

Also, take a look at some of the top contributors solutions numbers and you will see that more often than not we are able to give accurate and timely solutions to most problems on here. Account issues are the only thing we are unable to assist with and even in those circumstances sometimes we are able to solve issues that people think are account related but aren't.

austinhuang

@krazykiwi wrote:

@austinhuang wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Owenfitz wrote:

Hi, Try this and let us know what happens.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.
Logout and wait a few minutes then login and select found phone.
This will not blacklist your phone.

He's a new customer and he's ported in, this is not what lost/found is for

I am not new here, I know what the Lost/Stolen, not lost/found, is for! It is for people who have lost their phone or had their phone stolen. Yet we have used it to fix a mulitude of problems, so who's to say it won't work here and if it doesn't what is the harm? 

Of course if we are just going to direct people to the MODs with out trying anything then one could also ask the question "what is the community for"?

I meant lost/found is for people who got their existing service cut, not for new customers.

I already said "check your old sim" but at the end of the day most matters will require mod intervention

@austinhuang wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Owenfitz wrote:

I am not new here, I know what the Lost/Stolen, not lost/found, is for! It is for people who have lost their phone or had their phone stolen. Yet we have used it to fix a mulitude of problems, so who's to say it won't work here and if it doesn't what is the harm? 

Of course if we are just going to direct people to the MODs with out trying anything then one could also ask the question "what is the community for"?

austinhuang

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Owenfitz wrote:

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Owenfitz wrote:

austinhuang

Does your previous SIM work?

If does, ask your previous provider. Else, Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

Need Help? Let's chat.