cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive call

maeservidad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have my phone activated yesterday. I cant receive calls. When some one it goes straight to answering machine. What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@maeservidad wrote:

I have my phone activated yesterday. I cant receive calls. When some one it goes straight to answering machine. What should I do?

If you are porting a mobile number to PM it will take a couple of hours to couple of days to complete.  If you are porting a landline number to PM it will take up to a week  to complete.

FYI: Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Can you call out?

Are texts and data working?

Are you on dnd or airplane mode?

Can you phone go on 3g 850:& 1900 MHz?

Can you temporarily choose 3g BN only connection

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM @maeservidad check to see if unconditional call fowarding is turned on. Dial '#21#' to disable it. Restart your phone, remove and reinsert the SIM, wait 5 minutes and restart it. Stay safe. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maeservidad Can you try rebooting your phone and turning airplane mode on and off ?

The only other problem is it could be a stuck port if you ported your number. Can you try using your old SIM from your previous provider in your phone to see if it still works.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you have have your phone# ported to PM ?  If you did then you would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner with subject port.

Need Help? Let's chat.