cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive a call from a voip phone (fongo mobile)

Mike3003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just transferred my cell from Lucky to Public Mobile.

My "home" phone is using voip over wifi with Fongo Mobile. There is something very strange going on:

- I can call from Public Mobile to Fongo no problem.

- But when I call from Fongo to Public Mobile, my cell phone under Public Mobile never

rings.

- Other numbers can call my Public Mobile no problem. 

This is quite a problem because no one at home can call me on my Public Mobile phone. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Mike

14 REPLIES 14

Mike3003

Thank you all. Indeed, even though all other numbers could call my PM phone, it took 3 days for Fongo to be able to call PM.

telemonster

Just wait a bit

@Mike3003 If you'd like to experiment further send me a private message with your PM #. I'll call you from my fongo #.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mike3003

I did a full reset network settings on my PM phone and still cannot call from Fongo Mobile (app) to PM : (

Mike3003

Thanks! It makes sense that it does work. Waiting to see what Fongo will suggest.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mike3003 

I use Fongo app on my phone.

I use FREE FPL (freephoneline.ca owned by Fongo) VoIP service at home using an ATA box wired direct to my home router using a RJ45 cable.

My PM SIM and my spouse's PM SIM can receive call from Fongo # or from home FPL VoIP call.

I did not change any settings on my Fongo app.  All I did was install Fongo app on my Android 9 phone.   I have my Fongo app # and my home FPL # at over 5 years.

Mike3003

Yes I opened a ticket with Fongo Mobile. Fingers crossed.

Mike

@Mike3003 try resetting your network settings

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

+1 on contacting Fongo about this.

See this thread from here on a related issue. Freephoneline and Fongo are from the same company, so try to submit a ticket with Fongo.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried bringing this up with fongo? The issue might be on their end 

here is a link to their forums http://forum.fongo.com/. I haven’t looked though you may find an answer there.

Mike3003

Thanks. I am using and Android and I checked and the option to "Block unknown callers" is not active. 

Very strange. I can receive almost any call, but not if the call is coming from Fongo Mobile (app).

Michel

Mike3003

Hello,

I understand "It takes about couple hours to a day for Lucky to release your number to PM."

My number has been released to PM and it is working fine. People can call me and it all works.

The problem is my PM phone CANNOT receive calls only when those calls are coming from a voip Fongo Mobile app account.

Thanks,

Michel

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Mike3003 

You said just, do you mean like in the last day?

Make sure your phone is also set to receive calls from unknown callers. My wife's phone wouldn't receive calls from unknown callers so her phone wouldn't ring. 

Let us know how you make out and welcome to Public Mobile! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mike3003 wrote:

Hi,

I just transferred my cell from Lucky to Public Mobile.

My "home" phone is using voip over wifi with Fongo Mobile. There is something very strange going on:

- I can call from Public Mobile to Fongo no problem.

- But when I call from Fongo to Public Mobile, my cell phone under Public Mobile never

rings.

- Other numbers can call my Public Mobile no problem. 

This is quite a problem because no one at home can call me on my Public Mobile phone. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

Mike

It takes about couple hours to a day for Lucky to release your number to PM.

For the time being, continue to use your Lucky SIM card until it stops working.  That is the indication that Lucky had released your number to PM.

Welcome to PM.

Have a better and better days!

Need Help? Let's chat.