cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive CIBC verification code

FinnFu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used Fido before, but after I transfer my phone number to public mobile, Some SMS are not received by my phone, like CIBC verification code and card transaction.

6 REPLIES 6

towcheng2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported number from Bell ( Nov 2020 ), it took me about 36 hours to start getting SMS from CIBC and Questrade. I have no problem getting other SMS as soon as the number porting completed.

berniedes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI   I am also with CIBC  and  do not have any problem getting the code by SMS  ,  no delay

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@FinnFu , I am a CIBC customer and I have no issues receiving SMS for 2FA, notifications, etc.  I don't know what to say.  Maybe ask the moderator team to give your account a reset.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @FinnFu ,

Yes, I recall another user saying something about an issue with not receiving texts from their bank...I do not notice a solution for that one though.

Maybe inquire by contacting the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

While you're waiting try these things:

*enable/disable airplane mode

*login to your self serve and enable/disable lost/stolen mode(resets the sim network)

*reset your network settings

*go to your text app settings and delete the cache 

*restart

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FinnFu wrote:

I used Fido before, but after I transfer my phone number to public mobile, Some SMS are not received by my phone, like CIBC verification code and card transaction.

@FinnFu hi I would suggest calling CIBC customer support maybe they can help bypass any security issues 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@FinnFu  In the past some customers have reported that it took 48 hours for them to be able to receive the verification codes. Some banks have a built in delay when the customers Mobile Network is switched to protect against sim jacking.

Need Help? Let's chat.