cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot port number or get new number for my husband's phone

jjsmeyer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok getting frustrated.  Been trying to port and then say to heck with it and register for a new number for my husband's phone for the last two hours.  I already have an account and had no issues and now we cannot even register as neither option is working.  I believe I will need a modirator for this fix.

13 REPLIES 13

jodymeyer

yup, took money on second sim card, wife even got the refer a friend email. I will contact the moderators with the link provided thank you.

regards

Jody Meyer

@jodymeyer 

So it is your second SIM card that is not working. You are sure money had been taken out due to the second account (not the first?). If so I think only the Moderators can straighten it out.. contact them via this link.

Expect to hear from them via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner up to 48 hours from now.

jodymeyer

ok wifes phone works, she is currently using it. her number is 705.698.xxxx the number I am trying to get to attach to the sim card is 705.698.xxxx and when I did the review of the info I put in, my wife and I both looked it over and it was correct..

I am at a loss.

@jodymeyer Hi it's best if you don't post any personal info here since this is a public forum you can edit your post by clicking on the 3 dots topright corner and then hit edit reply

@jodymeyer 

Does your wife's number/phone still work?  Is it possible that you ported your wife's number to your phone/new SIM card?  What happens when you call your wife's number and your own number?  Kinda does not make sense.  

jodymeyer

nope. I can't even log in it says it doesn't recognise my log in and or passwordPM_1.JPG

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

With the page error the payment probably went thru.  Log out and log in again and check you account.   It should say you are ACTIVE.

jodymeyer

Hi

I am the husband. were able to go through the whole getting started section, was able to get the phone number transferred, picked the 25 dollar plan, put in teh visa account and when we went to process it, page error and PM already took the money out of my account?!?!? even worse i put the new chip into the phone and it has my wife's phone number attached to it.

please advise.

Regards

Jody Meyer

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jjsmeyer wrote:

Ok getting frustrated.  Been trying to port and then say to heck with it and register for a new number for my husband's phone for the last two hours.  I already have an account and had no issues and now we cannot even register as neither option is working.  I believe I will need a modirator for this fix.

@jjsmeyer Not a good idea to change numbers during a port. Sounds like the original port got stuck. When contacting the moderator give them all the required info like your previous providers account number, name on the account and phone number so that they can resubmit the port. If you login to your selfservre account select the Plan & addons tab what shows as your phone number?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@jjsmeyer 

It looks like you are having difficulty activating a new account.

So you have your new SIM card but cannot complete the activation?

Let's start over from the beginning...

Since you already encountered some errors, let's clear your browser cache and try using incognito mode.

You will need to enter your new SIM card number and a new email address. You cannot reuse SIM or email address that has already been previously registered with Public Mobile.

For simplicity's sake, just ask for a new number when you activate. Once you confirm that the account is setup and SIM is working, then you can port in later.

Hope this helps.

@jjsmeyer also in case you are not aware you will need a new email address for new account good luck

jjsmeyer

Thank You -- have to go out for a bit so will give it another try this evening.  Hopefully that is it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jjsmeyer , are your trying to activate a new account with porting or simply porting into an existing account?  Sometimes when activating, you need to pause for an hour in between failed attempts because the SIM card is locked to a previous session.  In any event try using incognito browser mode. If you've exhausted the self serve options and want moderator help, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.