cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot port/change number

jCobalt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm currently experiencing an issue with incoming calls on my phone.

I read some of the other posts regarding phone number switching and that it may take a bit for them to properly forward the number from the old service provider, but it looks like around 2 days have passed and calling the number still doesnt work

I also realized I may have messed up when signing up the number (not given enough information/incorrect) but when I try to change the number, it says its invalid. When I call from it however, it is using the new number so I'm not necessarily sure the status of whether it's in progress or not

Any help on this would be very appreciated, just want to know if things are happening on the back end or if I should be doing anything actively on my end (ie. giving more information etc)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Is it a mobile number you are port8ng, or a landline or VoIP service?  The later optionstake 7-10 days.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can also try the following steps which helped me after my port:

-Go into your phones Cellular settings and manually select Public Mobile as your network operator

-Reboot your phone

-Power off your phone, remove the SIM and the re-insert

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jCobalt, yes it sounds like your port is stuck.  It shouldn't take more than 4 hours so 2 days means there is certainly an issue.  You will need to message the mods to have them look into this. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.

In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

ETA grrr slow computer at work and I got beat!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jCobalt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Awesome, thank you so much for your very quick and useful advice! Will do!

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jCobalt 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate that because your porting process has been failed.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.