cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cannot make outgoing calls or receive calls

I just purchased a phone for my son since he broke his other one.  He has been with Public Mobile for a year now.  The new phone is compatible and I inserted the Public Mobile SIM card from his old phone - thinking everything would work instantly.  He can send and receive texts but cannot make outgoing calls or receive calls.  For outgoing calls he gets a recording that says "he does not have an active long distance add-on" even though his phone package includes province-wide calling and the calls were local.  I've sent a message to the Moderator for Public Mobile.  How long does this normally take?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Cannot make outgoing calls or receive calls

@roxanne-michael wrote:

I just purchased a phone for my son since he broke his other one.  He has been with Public Mobile for a year now.  The new phone is compatible and I inserted the Public Mobile SIM card from his old phone - thinking everything would work instantly.  He can send and receive texts but cannot make outgoing calls or receive calls.  For outgoing calls he gets a recording that says "he does not have an active long distance add-on" even though his phone package includes province-wide calling and the calls were local.  I've sent a message to the Moderator for Public Mobile.  How long does this normally take?

For outgoing calls try dial 1 first before area code. 

@roxanne-michael wrote:

@roxanne-michael  it can take up to 48 hours to get a response depends on volume of messages in the queue.

@roxanne-michael wrote:

@roxanne-michael  When you dial *611 from the phone what happens?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Log into your online account and see what your plan says. Some accounts had a small glitch which can be fixed by messaging the moderator team. Moderator team should get back to you within 24 hours. 

You could try to reset your sim/account with the lost phone trick.

To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-onstab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been having the same problem for 3 days now.  I have been a PM customer for several months - local numbers that I could previously call now all return the message "you do not have an active long distance add-on".  Please help.  I have messaged the moderator team, but no reply yet and I need a working phone by tomorrow.

I'm having the same problem.  Left a msg with the moderator a couple days ago but no answer.  Tried the lost and stolen method...nothing - doesn't work.  Tried replacing the SIM card - doesn't work...same problem.  Reboot ...nothing. 

Thinking about buying add'l L/D to see if this rectify but am not sure whether or not this works...could waste the add'l $ if this is not the solution. 

Being a first time PM customer I'm not impressed so far as I've only had this plan for a couple of weeks.

@LaurenB how long ago did you message the moderators? Typically they respond within 4-24 hours within receiving a message. I know it is really frustrating, but they are working hard to get it rectified. 

a couple of days ago - no response.