cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make out going calls!!

tkaltsis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my moms phone is connected with Public mobile, it has been over a week that she cannot make out going calls, the message she gets is “you don’t have a long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan”. Now my mom was in the hospital having surgery on the second day of recovery she was not able to use her phone! This is insane that you can’t even reach somebody to speak with! 

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tina

10 REPLIES 10

@tkaltsis  If she has minutes then that message also comes up when the number dialed is incorrect. Is she dialing the number from contacts or dialing the number directly? Make sure the area code is correct. Can she try dialing another number?

tkaltsis

Thank you for reply although she hasn’t exceeded her limit.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tkaltsis Assuming your mom has registered a credit card for autopay, send her a text suggesting she purchase the $5 500 minute add-on. She can do this by dialing 611 and following the prompts to get the add-on. 

Online buying an add-on is two steps, but I never done myself via 611. 

Detailed instruction: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tkaltsis wrote:

Hello, my moms phone is connected with Public mobile, it has been over a week that she cannot make out going calls, the message she gets is “you don’t have a long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan”. Now my mom was in the hospital having surgery on the second day of recovery she was not able to use her phone! This is insane that you can’t even reach somebody to speak with! 

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tina

@tkaltsis  If you have access to your mom's selfserve account then best to access it and check the minute counter on the landing page ($15 plan).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tkaltsis wrote:

nope adding 1 does not work! 

thank you

We repeat...what plan is she on?

@tkaltsis wrote:

thank you

@tkaltsis   Does she have unlimited calling?  Maybe try rebooting her phone.

tkaltsis

thank you

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tkaltsis Edit your post (click 3 dots above your post) asap to remove her phone number; this is a public forum.

If she has the $10 or $15 plan there is a limit to calls; add the 500 minute $5 add-on to her account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tkaltsis  if your mom has Canada wide calling tell her to add a 1 in front of the number she is trying to call. Hope she gets well soon. You stay safe.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tkaltsis   Please use the 3 dots top right of the your post and edit/delete your tel # as you are on a public forum.

What plan is your mother on?  If she has the $15 plan, then maybe she is out of outgoing mins and needs to purchase the $5/500 mins add-on to allow for calling until renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.