cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make nor receive calls

marigold
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just connected with public mobile today. I transferred my phone # from Telus. Messaging is working but I am not able to make nor receive calls. The connection was done more than 8 hours ago 

5 REPLIES 5

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@marigold look in your phone settings and see if there is an option to use either 3g and 4g LTE bands. Select the one that uses both of them. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marigold wrote:

I just connected with public mobile today. I transferred my phone # from Telus. Messaging is working but I am not able to make nor receive calls. The connection was done more than 8 hours ago 

PM uses 3G for voice calls.

If your phone does not support 3G frequency bands used by PM, your phone will not work with PM.

If you were using the same phone with Telus, you may be using the VoLTE for voice call with Telus service.

Which phone are you using?

@marigold wrote:

Although unlikely as most newer models specifically of Android-based phones don't nomrally have an LTE-only option in the phone's regular settting menus, it is still possible that a phone could be set that way int he hidden programming menus. If a phone is set to LTE-only as the network type, phone calls won't work at Public Mobile, but would at Telus Mobility.

I would do this:  To ensure that you have a network type indicator, turn off your Wi-Fi so that mobile data is being used. When you try to make an outgoing call, does your network type change from LTE to a 3g-type network?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@marigold what is the make and model of the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.