cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make call

Rasaq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello admin,

I just got my public sim and the mobile network is good but my first call is not going through i.e I cannot hear any sound ring and dialing ends after 3min despite having 100min airtime in my account. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Rasaq 

Welcome to public mobile....and to the community!

I'm happy go see you have utilized the community and it's resources (in this case @computergeek541 ) to figure out your issue....unfortunately its your device not being completely compatible with public mobile as calling is done on the 3G network

In the meantime while you decide if you are going to purchase a completely compatible device with public mobile or switch to a higher tier provider ( if you do so make sure your phone is supported by them for voLTE calling or you could run into a similar issue) you can download the fongo app that has free wifi and mobile data calling (0.5mb=1 calling minute/250mb=500 calling min) so you have access to calling albeit with a different but canadian phone number. If you are on the $15 limited outgoing calling plan fongo is great to use to check voicemail so you don't waste outgoing minutes to check your messages.

The community members are always happy to help answer your questions or help solve your issues. Most of the time we can do that unless its a specific account issue. Once we identify that issue then we recommend moderator contact so that we don't waste their valuable time on minor issues and allow them to quickly respond  to more urgent issues for customers with problems that we cannot fix..... Most of us try not to jump the gun and tell you to contact the moderators when it is unnecessary but if you do end up needing help from them then and only then does the following information apply as previously supplied above.....

@RosieR wrote:

@Rasaq wrote:

Hello admin,

I just got my public sim and the mobile network is good but my first call is not going through i.e I cannot hear any sound ring and dialing ends after 3min despite having 100min airtime in my account. 

Hi @Rasaq we are just fellow customers here.  If you want to talk to a Public Mobile employee, they are called moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  Chatbot.png >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Alternative way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take from 1 hr to 2 days (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Please keep us posted

RosieR

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

@Rasaq wrote:

I use infinix S5 Pro, android version 10. I currently have 2 bars on the network of my phone. I can text and use the internet but cannot receive or make calls. I did a network reset several times but my network state still reads disconnected.

Unfortunately, I suspect that you're going to have to purchase a new phone.  From what I see, this device lacks UMTS Band 2. While calls are possible on UMTS band 5, not all locations have that in the area.  In such places, you will not be able to make or receive any phone calls.  The also suspect that the reason you're able to use internet and text messaging has to do with both of those services being available while being connected to the LTE network. In short, this model isn't good for use in Canada.

Rasaq

I use infinix S5 Pro, android version 10. I currently have 2 bars on the network of my phone. I can text and use the internet but cannot receive or make calls. I did a network reset several times but my network state still reads disconnected.

@Rasaq wrote:

I got the Sim yesterday and I have been able to text and use the internet but still cannot make calls or receive calls with it. I have rebooted the phone countless times and still will not make calls.

Kindly help.

Rasaq.

@Rasaq 

Have you tried a network setting reset?

What phone do you have?

Are you showing any bars on the top of your phone?

Ensure your Mobile Connection is on auto connect:

esjliv_0-1613253716040.png

Rasaq

I got the Sim yesterday and I have been able to text and use the internet but still cannot make calls or receive calls with it. I have rebooted the phone countless times and still will not make calls.

Kindly help.

Rasaq.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Rasaq 

Try rebooting the phone by powering off wait 10 minute and power up the phone.

@Rasaq 

Rebooting phone after activation is an important step for the new phones.

For the old phones, the SIM card slot is under the battery.  Changing SIM card means the phone will be restarted with remove and reinserting the battery.  But nowadays, phone battery are not removable and we can change SIM card without turning off the phone.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rasaq wrote:

Hello admin,

@Rasaq 

What do you mean by the "dialing ends after 3 min"?  Do you mean the call connects for 3 minutes then drops or the number dials (trying to connect) for 3 minutes without connecting and then drops?

This is likely an activation hurdle where the best cure is simply time for the system to associate with the SIM card in the device.

Wait for 1 hour, reboot device, remove and reinsert SIM card, toggle airplane mode on/off, reset network connections.

If the activation was completed correctly (and you responded "Yes" to the port request if porting from another mobile provider), things will work.   If you did port, see this article for information on the process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rasaq 

Try rebooting the phone by powering off wait 10 minute and power up the phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rasaq wrote:

Hello admin,

@Rasaq 

Is this your phone/SIM card/account OR is it the other caller's phone/SIM card/account?

I would try:

• removing the SIM card and gently cleaning inside the SIM slot by gently blowing inside it. Clean the contacts of the SIM card. Reboot.
  • Airplane mode toggle on for a few minutes, the off.
  • Trying the SIM card in another phone and see if issues continues. 
  • Ensure the phone has the latest updates
  • Reset network settings

IF above does not improve what is happening, it may be an account provisioning issue, only the Moderators can re-provision it. 

If the account recently new, it may not have provisioned correctly. Follow methods provided by @RosieR to have Moderators look into your account.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Rasaq wrote:

Hello admin,

Hi @Rasaq we are just fellow customers here.  If you want to talk to a Public Mobile employee, they are called moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  Chatbot.png >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Alternative way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take from 1 hr to 2 days (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Please keep us posted

RosieR

REMINDER:  Please do not post any personal information in the forums.  These are public forums and there are quite a number of fraudsters lurking around ready to steal your personal info.

Need Help? Let's chat.