cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make any outgoing calls

LZSOttawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am at the end of my rope. Ever since yesterday afternoon, I cannot make ANY outgoing calls, not even to check my voicemail. Whenever I try to place a call, I get the following message from a male voice: "Sorry, we could not complete your call. You don't have an active long-distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan. Get an add-on by dialing *611." Then, the connection is cut. 

I have the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes. I am sure I didn't use all the minutes, as I call very little. Still, I checked my minutes online. I could not tell whether I had any left, as there was no line in my overview telling me about my minutes. I checked my detailed usage statement and it seems I barely used any minutes at all, which makes sense. Nevertheless, just as a safety, a few minutes ago I purchased the $5 add-on for 500 minutes. My credit card was charged. Still, NO MINUTES are showing on my online statement, and the add-on is not showing either. And I still can't make outgoing calls. This is what my online overview statement looks like right now, after purchasing the add-on:

Screenshot_2019-06-25_10-08-33.png
If this isn't fixed soon I am leaving Public Mobile. This is ridiculous and unacceptable!!!

5 REPLIES 5

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I suggest you take a look at your call logs, you might find where all of your minutes were used up.

I noticed one of our phones ended up frozen on a call and that caused all of the minutes to be used up....

And - as others have mentioned grab a, Add-on.

@jclaydon2018, the user has run out of calling minutes on a limited calling plan.  They need to add minutes or change plan to get more calling options.

There is a chance the subscriber is not dialling a valid phone number, but the details posted above show the plan is currently out of minutes for making (and possibly receiving) calls.

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you a new customer? sometimes if you're porting a number from an old service, it takes up to a day for things to work properly

What kind of number were you dialing?

I have made calls that were in the same general vincinity but because they had a different area code, they are considered long distence, which would not be covered by your plan.

Have you attempted to speak to a moderator, they should be able to help you review and explain any minutes that may haved been used altho i believe the self-serve stuff is supposed to keep track of all your calls, I'll have to double check that..

Hope you get your issue resolved

-James

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@LZSOttawa, as @Triguy has mentioned, you have run out of minutes.  You can add $5 to get 500 minutes of Canada wide calling now, and then schedule a plan change to the now new $15 plan that has unlimited incoming calls (if you haven't already), or consider upgrading to the $25 Canada Wide calling, unlimited SMS and MMS, and 250 MB of data.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If there are no minutes remaining then you have used up your minutes.  Click on view my usuage to see how many minutes have been used.

Need Help? Let's chat.