cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot fail or receive calls

QuincyMD19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I topped up my phone with the $40 plan a couple of days ago and I thought all was fine but when I've tried to ring or text it doesn't work, it says I don't have a long distance add on, I'm in kamloops and the area code I have is 250, I'm from the UK so it's a bit confusing 

12 REPLIES 12

QuincyMD19

Brilliant cheers I'll try both way I've also messaged the moderator thanks a lot 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19I bet your phone is fine. Can you find another phone to put the SIM card into to verify. I got a feeling it is a provisioning problem on Public Mobile's end. Try the Lost/ Stolen trick or add $1 to your balance to try to reset your account. If that those 2 methods still don't work you will need to contact the moderators.

@QuincyMD19 

iphone should have no issues with Public mobile.  Is your account status active or suspended?  

If you have an extra phone, you might want to try the PM SIM card in that phone.  To help determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue.

If hardware issue, maybe try a network reset on your iphone.  

If Public mobile issue, you may need to contact moderator as described above.  But, first try the lost/stolen phone trick to try to reset your SIM card.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

QuincyMD19

Yes I can access it and it's a iPhone XR from the UK 

@QuincyMD19 

Which phone model?  Not all phones are compatable with PM.  

Are you able to access self service account?  To determine account status.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

I have the phone unlocked from the UK and I'm calling Canadian numbers I have tried both with +1 at the beginning and without it and still no success 

What make/model/submodel is the phone?

Internet would require the proper APN settings.

But let's see what phone it is first.

QuincyMD19

I have the phone unlocked from the UK and I'm calling Canadian numbers I have tried both with +1 at the beginning and without it and still no success 

QuincyMD19

Hi my plan started Friday I think it is, it's a new SIM card as in from the UK it's telling me I need a long distance add on and I can't even get on the internet 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

I topped up my phone with the $40 plan a couple of days ago and I thought all was fine but when I've tried to ring or text it doesn't work, it says I don't have a long distance add on, I'm in kamloops and the area code I have is 250, I'm from the UK so it's a bit confusing 

Are you calling Canadian numbers? $40 ready-made plan includes Canada-wide calling.  I think account provisioning issue. Might have to contact moderators. This link sends you to private message them.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

Are you adding +1 in front of the number being called?  Other users have also reported something similar so, hopefully, it's not another glitch.

philipj11234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is your phone unlocked?  If you have not previously switched carriers you may need to call your previous carrier to get your phone unlocked.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@QuincyMD19 wrote:

@QuincyMD19  When you access your account from selfserve does everything look normal? Is today your scheduled plan renewal?

Need Help? Let's chat.