cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot check voicemail

sam_p
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I switched to Public 2 days ago but I'm out of the country currently.

I was able to change my voicemail password but now when I try to check the messages it accepts the PIN but then says "you need to call from your own phone to setup your voicemail". I won't be back for 2 months :s Help please!

11 REPLIES 11

They are a lot.... in training...Smiley Wink

@Lieux wrote:

@Eddy_G you have write the number of the customer!!!!!

@ShawnC13 ... @mimmo ...

Thanks @Lieux , cleared up that bad mistake

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Eddy_G you have write the number of the customer!!!!!

@ShawnC13 ... @mimmo ...

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

Hi Praveer,

Thanks for verifying the account.

I have reset your voicemail box and password. You will start fresh and you will be able to access your voicemail from a different phone/landline.

The new password is your own 10 digit phone number *REMOVED PHONE NUMBER* (you can reset this to your liking after you gain access).

You will be prompted to enter it to gain access to the actual vm box. You may need to press # or * to skip the intro.

Thank you for the patience and please let me know if it worked and if you need further assistance.

Enjoy your day!

Eddy

Edited by ShawnC to remove phone number

sam_p

@srlawren you are correct! This would all be avoided if I did the voicemail setup before leaving Dodge (aka Canada). One of the mods is currently assisting so (as others suggested) this seems to be the only way to resolve this.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have the same issue. When I check my voicemail from the other phone, it does not work. I sent messages to MOD team, they ask their tech to look for the reason. The tech person said I did not initially set up successfully. Do not know why because I already set up my greeting message, and I thought it is complete. So MOD tech person help me to set up, finally it works. So send a message to MOD, they can help.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@sam_p Have you tried calling your phone from a different phone? When you hear the away message click * once and you should be directed to voicemail.

@Luddite  that only works after completing the initial set up.  Doesn't sound like @sam_p  got that far before getting out of Dodge (aka Canada).  😞  Maybe the mods can do something for him/her. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried calling your own number from the same phone to access voicemail?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Voice-mail-setup/td-p/88409

@sam_p Have you tried calling your phone from a different phone? When you hear the away message click * once and you should be directed to voicemail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sam_p

Thanks for the quick reply. I have forwarded to 'moderator_team' and will update this thread if they have a solution.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Yes the set-up of your voicemail need to be done with your phone.... I don’t know if the moderator can help you for that?? Write a message here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to and give them your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.