cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change plan

dagullibleasian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently not in the country so I would like to switch my plan to a cheaper one for the next couple months in order to keep my public mobile number.

My account is currently suspended as of March 28th and will be deactivated in June.

The plan I would like to switch to is the 90 day, unlimited international text plan with no calling or data ($55). I have sufficient funds in my account but I am not able to click the button to change plans.

Any help is appreciated!

Also, if there is a cheaper way to keep my number, let me know! 

5 REPLIES 5

@felix432 wrote:

Same problem here. This is nonsense. I switched to the smallest plan before leaving for a trip (since I only had a few days in canada left), and now I'm stuck 1 month to wait to have a real plan... The change plan stated it was possible (top up button for the bigger amount(35), but only 20$ charged). Should I contest the charge with Visa and order a new sim?

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.  If you are going away for some time, there is no difference if you just let account go into suspension on your current plan.  Since there are no charges while the account is in suspension, there is nothing to gain or lose by changing the plan.  When you come back, you can ask the moderator team to restore your account to whatever plan you like.  If you don't want to change plans, you can restore the account to active status yourself.  By the way, suspended accounts will be permanently closed after 90 days. 

felix432

Same problem here. This is nonsense. I switched to the smallest plan before leaving for a trip (since I only had a few days in canada left), and now I'm stuck 1 month to wait to have a real plan... The change plan stated it was possible (top up button for the bigger amount(35), but only 20$ charged). Should I contest the charge with Visa and order a new sim?

@dagullibleasian wrote:

Oh okay. So I'm guessing my best bet is to wait for a mod to see this? 😕

You should send the moderators a private message.  I would not count on them reading every single messsage post in these forums.

dagullibleasian

Oh okay. So I'm guessing my best bet is to wait for a mod to see this? 😕

Unfortunately, there is no way for you to change the plan yourself while it is in suspended status.  For you to do to change the plan yourself, you would need to reactivate on your current plan and then you could future date a plan change for the following billing cycle.  To do as you are trying to do, only a Public Mobile moderator could make that happen for you.  You'll need to contact them.

Need Help? Let's chat.