cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot calllocal numbers...says I need long distance

Maui12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am very frustrated....cannot dial local numbers....says I need long distance add on.....when people call my number it is busy...nohelp from anyone.....paying monthly for nothing!

20 REPLIES 20

@Maui12 

Hmmm.....i will assume you got a fix thru the moderators.....but as this issue has crept up recently without the usual fixes to solve the issue any light you can shed on how it was resolved would be most appreciated. Thx!

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Maui12 wrote:

I am dialing a 250  number that is my home ephone

250 is for ALL of B.C.  So some 250 calls are LD. That’s why I asked you for the first 6 digits of your number and the numbers you are calling. I will verify if they are LD or not for you. It’s an elimination process but if you won’t answer you won’t have a solution. 

250 does not cover the old original "Lower Mainland" 604 area. (not sure where you are)

You’re correct...I missed that. But my point is the OP is calling from/to a 250 number and some 250 numbers will be LD. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Maui12 wrote:

250 is for ALL of B.C.  So some 250 calls are LD. That’s why I asked you for the first 6 digits of your number and the numbers you are calling. I will verify if they are LD or not for you. It’s an elimination process but if you won’t answer you won’t have a solution. 

250 does not cover the old original "Lower Mainland" 604 area. (not sure where you are)

@Maui12 wrote:

@Maui12 wrote:

I tried the one in front...8 have no blocked numbers...very few that I call or that call me...I need my phone for some professional calls...urgent

This was asked but you didn't answer if you talked to the moderators yet. We can't fix account issues, and can only give suggestions. 

Maui12

I tried the one in front...8 have no blocked numbers...very few that I call or that call me...I need my phone for some professional calls...urgent

Maui12

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 wrote:

i am very frustrated....cannot dial local numbers....says I need long distance add on.....when people call my number it is busy...nohelp from anyone.....paying monthly for nothing!

What are the first 6 digits of your phone number and the first 6 digits of a couple of the numbers your trying to call? Also did you add the 1....I won't cost you to do so. 

@Maui12 

One thing you could try it to report your phone lost, report it found, then restart.

That should provision your account

Are you on limited minutes plan?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Maui12 

I can understand your frustration with this. sometimes people block numbers from calling them. If this is isolated to a single number, ask the person that you are trying to call to check and see if they may have inadvertently blocked your number. You can also try the steps below:

1. Login to your self serve account.
  2. Click on "Plan and Add-Ons" tab.
  3. Click on "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab.
  4. Click on "Suspend Service" button.
  5. Logout and wait for a few mins.
  6. Login again and get back to the "Lost/Stolen Phone" tab.
  7. Click on "Resume Service" button.
  8. Restart your phone.

If that doesn't work, you can contact a mod:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12  Others have been reporting similar problems this past week. I hope it's not another system glitch. As others have mentioned best too submit a ticket asap.

@Maui12 wrote:

Disling 1 does not help 

Have you submitted a ticket to the moderators?

Maui12

Disling 1 does not help 

@Maui12 

If your sim card numbers match.....what plan are you on? If you have limited calling you may have run out of minutes. Check in your account to see if your calling option is still there if not you have used all of your minutes and you need to have/add $5 to your balance and then purchase the $5/500 min add on.

If your sim does not match suspend your service immediately via lost/stolen and change your password. Check your email for fraudulent activity and change its password. Contact your credit cards and financial institution....ask for the fraud department ( You've been simjacked.). Secure these first then contact the moderators.

If your sim card is safe....try suspending your account via lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Resume service. Log out. Reboot phone. If you still cannot call out/in. Contact the moderators to fix the issue.

@Triguy wrote:

Try dialing 1 infront of the area code.

There's something else in play since peeole calling the OP are receiving a busy signal.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Maui12 ,

When you check your SELF SERVE account does your the 4 digits listed there match the last four digits of your SIM in your phone?

You can find this under "Change Sim Card" on your Overview account:

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 infront of the area code.

@Maui12 wrote:

This does sound like provsioning issue.  Sometimes, misdialing a number can result in some of these types of error messages, but that doesn't explian why other are receiving a busy signal when they call you. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Maui12 did your plan just renew? auto-pay may have glitched your services

contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.