cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call ld to usa

puppylvr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for and added a us calling pkg-add on-for 10 days to my accoount yesterday. Over 24 hours later, I still cannot call the USA. Pls fix this asap please.

8 REPLIES 8

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@puppylvr 

This is unfortunate.

It is possible (but not guaranteed) the moderators may agree to swap this add-on for the correct one if you intended to purchase the US minutes instead of the US Roaming Add-On.

As an added bonus, if you do need to speak with someone from the US, you can text them and ask them to call you. You can receive calls while in Canada from anywhere in the world.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@puppylvr :Also, posting on this community forum doesn't help you contact customer service because we are all customers here helping others to solve problems with their service, to contact customer service you have to contact the moderator team by private message or by the SIMon bot.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@puppylvr wrote:

I paid for and added a us calling pkg-add on-for 10 days to my accoount yesterday. Over 24 hours later, I still cannot call the USA. Pls fix this asap please.

@puppylvr    Do you see the add-on in your account. Buying add-ons is two step process, first add funds and then purchase the add-on.  If you don't see it under My Plans/Add-ons in your self serve account then you didn't finish taking the second step perhaps.

If it shows in your account then reboot your phone.  You can also try to manually select either AT&T or T-Mobile to see which one provides better service for you.  If you bought the roaming data add-on then make sure to enable data/roaming on your phone.

Edit:  Are you currently in the US?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@puppylvr 

Are you in Canada calling the USA?  Or are you in the United states right now and wanting to call US phone numbers?  

If in Canada, you likely purchased the wrong add on.  You needed to purchase the 

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes add on for     $15

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@puppylvr wrote:

@puppylvr The 10 day USA package is for roaming in the USA. You need the 1000 minutes USA add on. Contact a moderator, explain the error and the=y will be able to help you out.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

TheGx

@puppylvr :As Gunner and Ross saying above, you'll have to buy the correct add on for calling untied states, you can contact the moderator team to try get refund or credit back by click the white bubble in bottom right or click the envelope button in top right.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@puppylvr wrote:

@puppylvr hello if you are calling from Canada the 10 day plans won't work 

Gunner123

@puppylvr hi the 10 day plan is for when you are travelling in the US not to call from canada 

Need Help? Let's chat.