cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot buy sim card

linaakai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, i tried to buy sim card online so many times but keeps saying the zip code is not matching w the address. I'm pretty sure all the info i put was correct.

how can i reach the moderator?

9 REPLIES 9

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BKNS27 Exactly what I was going to say! cant go wrong with those two options.

@hTideGnow wrote:

ZIP? Are you trying to send to US address or using US credit card?
Please note it takes as long as 3 weeks for PM to send you the SIM.

if you need one urgently, consider getting it from Amazon if you have Prime membership.

Or check local Kiosk at Walmart/London Drug/Loblaw.  Sometimes, they will give it out for free and help activation (or they sell you for as low as $5)

The mesage about a ZIP code isn't related to a U.S. address. This is just the way the website is programmed, and it is just showing a mesage about ZIP code when they really mean postal code.

@linaakai I would suggest you buy the SIM on Amazon if you are in the USA. If you are in Canada, I would suggest you buy it from Canadian Cell Supplies.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@linaakai 

You asked how to reach to moderator, here's how:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

EDIT:  Like @esjliv also just supplied...👍

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @linaakai ,

You can contact a moderator through private message with this link to confirm what has been charged/ordered:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@linaakai 

The website can be finicky.  Try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

As mentioned before, check your credit card history to make sure that you were not charged.  Make sure the address exactly matches the billing address of  our banking/credit care billing address.  

The shipping time are 2-3 weeks from Public mobile.  You can also purchase from in store vendors like Walmart, Mobile shops (inside superstore), London drugs, Wow mobile and some authorized Koodo dealers.  

Other online stores include Amazon and Canadiancellsupples.com

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards.

linaakai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

now its saying, my credit card authorisation has expired even all the cards i tried are valid. have no clue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linaakai : This seems to happen to some people on occasion. Check your payment card to see if you have actual charges (not just pending). A possible workaround is to use Paypal.

I'd be interested to know if you were to type in your postal code with no space and see what happens. If it's auto-filling then make sure there isn't a space at the end.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

ZIP? Are you trying to send to US address or using US credit card?
Please note it takes as long as 3 weeks for PM to send you the SIM.

if you need one urgently, consider getting it from Amazon if you have Prime membership.

Or check local Kiosk at Walmart/London Drug/Loblaw.  Sometimes, they will give it out for free and help activation (or they sell you for as low as $5)

Need Help? Let's chat.