Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate my account

jscott403
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried twice now, and I keep getting the same message:

"Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page."

I am not logged in, so I cannot lout out and back in to continue.

If I return to the LoginPage it just prompts me to fill out all my information again -- after I wait for 50 minutes for the SIM card to be released.

15 REPLIES 15

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Many issues can be resolved by refreshing the page and trying again a little while later. Webpages correct themselves at a certain point.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dreamer1959  a écrit :

My wife cannot set up her account because we have the same email address. It won’t accept the email address. Should I go set up an email address for her under hotmail?

If you have a GMAIL account, you can use the same GMAIL account for all your Public Mobile account using GMAIL ALIAS.
Example, if your GMAIL addresses is John@gmail.com you can use it for your first account.
Second account use John+Mike@gmail.com (+ sign need to be there)
Third account John+Frank@gmail.com
All emails will go into Inbox of John@gmail.com

@Dreamer1959 wrote:

My wife cannot set up her account because we have the same email address. It won’t accept the email address. Should I go set up an email address for her under hotmail?

@Dreamer1959  Yes, another option is if your email provider supports aliases just setup an email alias and use that for the activation.

@Dreamer1959 

@Dreamer1959 wrote:

Yes, easy to make another email address.  hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc.

Or you could use alias email addresses like gmail alias.....

Master2000

@Dreamer1959  a écrit :

If you have a GMAIL account, you can use the same GMAIL account for all your Public Mobile account using GMAIL ALIAS.
Example, if your GMAIL addresses is John@gmail.com you can use it for your first account.
Second account use John+Mike@gmail.com (+ sign need to be there)
Third account John+Frank@gmail.com
All emails will go into Inbox of John@gmail.com

@Dreamer1959 you can or if you use a Gmail for yours you can add a plus symbol and something and it will accept it and it will still send the email to your own email.  Example

Youremail+wife@gmail.com

Dreamer1959
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

angmv82

I am stuck at step 5-payment, my browser is spinning and it says "please wait while your activation is being processed". How long should this take, it's been like this about 2 and a half hours. I am porting my number from Rogers.

@goldilock wrote:

Go to your browser settings and clear the cache and then restart your device. If that doesn't work try another browser. You could also turn off your phone, remove your SIM card, reinsert it and turn phone back on. Hope this helps!

The browser cache clear or restart could work if the software is acting strangely, as could waiting for the sim card number to clear from the activation system.  However, the sim card does not need to be in the phone to activate it. 

goldilock

Go to your browser settings and clear the cache and then restart your device. If that doesn't work try another browser. You could also turn off your phone, remove your SIM card, reinsert it and turn phone back on. Hope this helps!

@GonnaHelpUOutThe path of least resistance is try another card. No one other than the employees of Public Mobile really know how the payment card rules are. I some time doubt even the front line staff knows other than the basic thing that every thing must match etc etc.

GonnaHelpUOut

I've been having problems with the sim card trying to get it to work alongside trying to get my RBC Debit Visa recognized for payment purposes...I've tried to make different accounts...everything...annoyed 

bhavpate4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

once you get the error , make sure to clear cache. as they have any ifo sititng in cache wont allow you to go out redo it. hope it helps

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jscott403 , the self serve portal does throw this error from time to time.  I suggest that when your wait out the hour, use incognito mode on the browser. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jscott403 wrote:

I've tried twice now, and I keep getting the same message:

"Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page."

I am not logged in, so I cannot lout out and back in to continue.

If I return to the LoginPage it just prompts me to fill out all my information again -- after I wait for 50 minutes for the SIM card to be released.

@jscott403  The site has been experiencing issues the past couple of days. You just need to keep trying and it will eventually work. Maybe try again in a couple of hours. PM recommends using a browser in incognito mode for best results.

Edit: If you can't get to work by end of day then it would be best to notify PM for assistance. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.