cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate because email address already used.

storagebinh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ordered a SIM card. It didn't come after a number of weeks, so I had to register to PM community to open a ticket. A new SIM was issued and I received it. Now when I try to activate the SIM it says my email address is already used.

Before you ask, no I'm not going to create a new email account just for this. That's ludicrous.

5 REPLIES 5

storagebinh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't had a PM or Koodo account before so it is a bit puzzling to me.
I will give using a +label to the signup email. Thanks for the idea.

@storagebinh that shouldn't be a problem unless the email address also has an account with Koodo prepaid. According to @Luddite If its from a closed PM account you should now be able to reuse it. You can also use an alias. Ex. If its a google account  storagebinh+1@gmail.com. Just keep it under 30 characters. There is a hard letter count on the signup page. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @storagebinh,

You can use the same email for both your Community and you SELF SERVE account. When is this error happening? 

Have you ever had a SELF SERVE account prior to trying to register this SIM?

Maybe contact the Moderator_Team to inquire about this via private message using this link

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@storagebinh try activating using your browser in incognito or private mode

if it's still not working then contact moderators to help you activate with the email you prefer. they will help you clear the email from the system

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It has nothing to do with a community account.

Have you had a public mobile account in the past?? 

Need Help? Let's chat.