cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate - Invalid SIM

Davis-Goertzen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a Public Mobile SIM from Walmart today, and I cannot activate it. I have checked multiple times to verify, and I am entering the SIM card # correctly. I tried the suggestions in the other posts, i.e. wait, try different browser, clear cache, all to no avail. In fact, a message saying "Invalid Sim" sometimes comes up even before I've finished entering my information in the Online Activation page!

Needless to say, I was hoping for a better experience than this. Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14

neicey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It took me a while to activate my account as well.  After numerous attempts to register, and having errors such as : pick a language, email already in use etc, I think after trying too many times to register, the site seems to "lock out" the sim #.  I cleared my cache, closed and re-opened my browser, and it worked with no problems.  Hope this helps someone else.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Davis-Goertzen wrote:

I went back, exchanged the SIM for a new one, and they were able to activate it right there. Thanks for the help!

Good to hear. Welcome to PM! Smiley Happy

@Davis-GoertzenDo start a thread in the Retail section on which Walmart you went to, because it seems people's Walmart experience is all over the place, some won't sell SIM card seperately etc. Thanks! I am glad you got it working!

Davis-Goertzen

I went back, exchanged the SIM for a new one, and they were able to activate it right there. Thanks for the help!

@Davis-GoertzenExpect moderators to get back to you 48+ hours. I suggest go to Walmart first for quicker resolution of your issue.

Davis-Goertzen

Thanks for the replies. I tried again today and was still getting the message about invalid SIM, so I've contacted the moderator. If they can't help, I'll try to exchange the SIM card at Walmart. I'll let you know what happens. 

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got invalid sim as well on my activation. 

To resolve, I had to contact Moderator_team. Click on the envelop and send them a private message. 

The way I got invalid sim was through the last step of the activation after you enter your credit card and you are ready to send the order. The page went blank and I never got a confirmation. So I retried and kept getting invalid sim on the first step of activation. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Davis-Goertzen , if your credit card has not been charged, wait it out for an hour for the session lock to end, and give it another try using the following start guide.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could try one final time I'm the morning (clearing the cache etc).  If it doesn't work, just take it back for return / exchange.  

@Davis-GoertzenYou will have to tell the rep what had happened, I don't see why they won't do it.

Davis-Goertzen

First off, wow, thanks for the speedy replies!

The Walmart rep sold me the SIM card in its folder, and I tried to activate it online when I got home. Will I be able to return/exchange the SIM card now that I've popped it out?

I tried the SIM in my phone (unlocked, and I'm with Koodo presently) and it didn't recognize it.

I waited an hour, but I hadn't cleared the cache before waiting the hour. I suppose that could change things.

I could never get past the Online Activation page. I don't even have a Self-Serve account yet. So no, it hasn't taken my money.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Davis-GoertzenGo to the store and ask for a new one.. there are instances where the store clerk mixed activated ones with non activated ones.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Davis-Goertzen 

Did the Walmart rep try to activate plan for you?

If not, that message usually means that the SIM card might not work and you might need to go back to Walmart to get another SIM card.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Davis-Goertzen wrote:

I purchased a Public Mobile SIM from Walmart today, and I cannot activate it. I have checked multiple times to verify, and I am entering the SIM card # correctly. I tried the suggestions in the other posts, i.e. wait, try different browser, clear cache, all to no avail. In fact, a message saying "Invalid Sim" sometimes comes up even before I've finished entering my information in the Online Activation page!

Needless to say, I was hoping for a better experience than this. Any suggestions?

How far did you get initially?

How long did you actually wait to do another attempt?

Have you tried the SIM in a phone?

Has it taken your money yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.