cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send Text Message

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seem like I could not send text message out, however when I check my usage, I do not believe I used up 50 text message unless they count incoming text message too which I thought it's free.  Why am I not able to send outgoing text message????  Anyone having issue?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

Like I mentioned, when i go to Usage History, PM give me the breakdown but did not state how much SMS I have used but PM give me a breakdown of my airtime usage.  I counted the "Outgoing WEB/TEXT" and it's only 13 text message.   How will I know which text cost 2 or 3 or 4 text message without the breakdown.  Boooo on PM side!!!  

Their new feature is a booobooo to me!

When you type a long text and send it, the details will show a multiple of texts at that time stamp.

You can also sort with the orange headers up top of the columns. Usage Type might be useful for you.

Additionally you can choose your own time frame. I think it might be 6 months or something.

Then flow through to more pages at the bottom left of the list.

danlee

Like I mentioned, when i go to Usage History, PM give me the breakdown but did not state how much SMS I have used but PM give me a breakdown of my airtime usage.  I counted the "Outgoing WEB/TEXT" and it's only 13 text message.   How will I know which text cost 2 or 3 or 4 text message without the breakdown.  Boooo on PM side!!!  

Their new feature is a booobooo to me!

@danlee wrote:

Well PM seem to change format, previously it will state how much SMS used but now it did not state except airtime still indicating the usage.  It is very difficult for one to figure out how much text mesage (if large text cost 2-3 as u mentiond) without breakdown.  How much does PM charge for outgoing web/picture?  I counted my outgoing text (web/MMS) only 13 so far!  

Disappointing!

If you are not seeing your text usage then you have used it all up.  It is a weird glitch that when something is used up it is removed from your plan..  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danlee

Well PM seem to change format, previously it will state how much SMS used but now it did not state except airtime still indicating the usage.  It is very difficult for one to figure out how much text mesage (if large text cost 2-3 as u mentiond) without breakdown.  How much does PM charge for outgoing web/picture?  I counted my outgoing text (web/MMS) only 13 so far!  

Disappointing!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And you can see in your usage history where all your texts are gone...In your self serve account in plan/adds-on and in usage history you can see and count them @danlee Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danlee wrote:

It seem like I could not send text message out, however when I check my usage, I do not believe I used up 50 text message unless they count incoming text message too which I thought it's free.  Why am I not able to send outgoing text message????  Anyone having issue?

Further to the above...some phones sometimes send sms messages in the background on their own unbeknownst to you. But they count. Which usage are you looking at? If your own then this is probably the problem. If you're looking at the usage details in the self-serve then you should be seeing some strange numbers as recipients.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@danlee wrote:

Incoming Texts are not included in the 50 messages, that is for outgoing only.  Can you login to your self serve and see if you still see Text messages listed in the addon section,  it should say something like 34/50 (34 messages of 50 sent as an example) but if you don't see anything then it is saying you have used up all of your messages.

Remember if you are sending really long messages it may send as 2 or 3 against your total available to you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.