cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Proceed after Activation Process Inturrupted...

pelehos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am attempting to activate my new PM SIM card and when I got to the screen to select a new phone number the site froze and would not proceed.  I refreshed the session after waiting at least 20 minutes and started the process over again but it told me that the sim card number and info was saved in another session and I should close the browser and attempt again.  I went to a completely different computer and started again and got the same message.  None of my info is registered with PM and I cannot log into anything except this forum, which was a seperate sign up process altogether.  So, I just want to proceed with activating but have no idea where to go from here?

10 REPLIES 10

pelehos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So everything worked out perfect, and I thank you all for your replies and feedback. 

What I did was wait a day and started the process over, using my chrome browser Incognito mode and everything worked out fantastic.  I figured this was the case but at first it seemed to be taking along time to reset the session?  Either way, it worked out great and you guys are all awesome!

Thank You!

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dr-et, If you haven't been able to sign up by now, you should do as mentioned previously by @mimmo, and send a private message to the moderators team.  They'll be able to get things going.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

thank you i know that some sites would not support safari or opera

and insistet on chrome or that atrocious extinct microsoft product.

;-}

Korth
Mayor / Maire
@dr-etwrote:

would a different browser help too?

Yes, but not always.  Each browser program has its own subfolders to store caches, cookies, histories, etc.  But sometimes they can "import" things from each other or they use sloppy bad code practices and just dump stuff (or use whatever stuff they find) in operating system "temp" folders.

Go ahead and try using a different browser.  Nothing to lose by trying to move forward on a new path when an old path is blocked.

@mimmowrote:

@NDesai@ @Would not a different computer like the poster did not be the same thing

Clearing the cache and cookies might terminate the current session.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai @Would not a different computer like the poster did not be the same thing

dr-et

would a different browser help too?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@pelehosTry clearing the cache and cookies on the browser that froze your activation process. After clearing, use incognito/private browsing mode to try again.

dr-et

peleho,

follow mimmos steps.

the moderators are slow but very helpfull.

be patient might take a couple of days if unlucky

but it will get done

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you could try wiating a couple hours and see if the session expires.  or you can try contacting the mods to se eif they can do anything.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.