cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Port Number

upriver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am trying to get Public Mobile to work on my existing Petro-Canada Mobility Mobile number.

Here's what i have done so far.

1. Purchased a Public Mobile SIM (at Walmart)
  2. Headed to the "Activate" section on this website.
  3. Filled in SIM details, account details etc.
  4. On next screen, it asked if I wanted a new number or to port to an existing number. I chose port.
  5. On the next screen, it asked to enter number to check if number is eligible. Number was eligible.
  6. On the next screen, it asked for details, like the IMEI, the Petro Canada Account Number (Petro Canada does not have those, they just go by phone number, which i entered), and the PIN with Petro Canada
  7. I clicked on the submit button below, and the screen hung on "processing" for 3 minutes.
  8. The next screen showed that they had encountered an error.
  9. I did not receive any message on my phone confirming or requesting a port.

How do i successfully port???

4 REPLIES 4

@upriver wrote:

No SIM is not registered if error message is encountered.

Tried again using these settings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-from-Petro-Canada-Mobile/m-p/...

And it seems to have worked.

That post that you linked to is full of bad information. Your account number is most definitely not your voicemail password, nor is the voicemail password the account PIN.

I would say skip the account number and skip account PIN. Use only the IMEI.

upriver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No SIM is not registered if error message is encountered.

Tried again using these settings: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-from-Petro-Canada-Mobile/m-p/...

And it seems to have worked.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@upriver wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to get Public Mobile to work on my existing Petro-Canada Mobility Mobile number.

Here's what i have done so far.

1. Purchased a Public Mobile SIM (at Walmart)
  2. Headed to the "Activate" section on this website.
  3. Filled in SIM details, account details etc.
  4. On next screen, it asked if I wanted a new number or to port to an existing number. I chose port.
  5. On the next screen, it asked to enter number to check if number is eligible. Number was eligible.
  6. On the next screen, it asked for details, like the IMEI, the Petro Canada Account Number (Petro Canada does not have those, they just go by phone number, which i entered), and the PIN with Petro Canada
  7. I clicked on the submit button below, and the screen hung on "processing" for 3 minutes.
  8. The next screen showed that they had encountered an error.
  9. I did not receive any message on my phone confirming or requesting a port.

How do i successfully port???

@upriver  Test the PM sim to see if connects to the Public Mobile network? If yes, then you sim was activated. Dial 611 from your device to confirm. If not, then you need to wait for an hour for the current session lock to clear and then try the activation again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@upriver 

Porting number from Petro-Canada Mobility to PM is the same as porting Speakout to PM.

Read my post on how I port my SO number in 4 hours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Need Help? Let's chat.