cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Create Account - Activation Failed

aandrej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

When I was activating an account for a family member, the process failed at the last step and I got a 404 error. I was unable to return to the activation website past the step where you check the eligibility of the phone number (we are porting it from Fido)...

When I tried to activate it from another computer, it said that the SIM number and email are reserved, so I am stuck right now and I need somebody to reset or complete the activation. I also tried again later from the original computer and it still does not work for the same reasons.

9 REPLIES 9

@gpixel wrote:

@Jb456 thanks! there were a few customers I helped that waited only 30 min. I was surprised because I told them to wait an hour and then in 30 min cha ching! so idk... this has happened twice

not too sure if the system will reset the timer again if you try too early. I don't think it would though

I'm unsure about the timing of the activation site, but I do know that the site says to wait 50 minutes before trying again. I do suspect that the amount of required wait time might be shorter but I haven't specifically tested that.

I have accidently locked myself out of my self serve account before. When doing that, the error message says to wait 1 hours, but I've found the lockout to actually be around maybe 15 minutes.

aandrej
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The SIM card was just locked as others said, I tried again now and it allowed me to successfully activate the account.

Thanks

@Jb456 thanks! there were a few customers I helped that waited only 30 min. I was surprised because I told them to wait an hour and then in 30 min cha ching! so idk... this has happened twice

not too sure if the system will reset the timer again if you try too early. I don't think it would though

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wait an hour and then try again on a different browser. Clear your cache and cookies. 

@gpixel 

For future reference. Please note that system locks sims for 50 minutes not 30.

Keep up the good working helping customers 👍

Screenshot_20200703_191230.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

When you first did the activation process to you get past the payment section?

If yes - were you charged?

If yes - put sim card in the phone. Does anything work?

If yes - go to link below and try to create your self serve account. As it may have failed at that point.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. Does the sim card say invalid when you try the activation process again?

Please let us know

@aandrej wrote:

Hello,

When I was activating an account for a family member, the process failed at the last step and I got a 404 error. I was unable to return to the activation website past the step where you check the eligibility of the phone number (we are porting it from Fido)...

When I tried to activate it from another computer, it said that the SIM number and email are reserved, so I am stuck right now and I need somebody to reset or complete the activation. I also tried again later from the original computer and it still does not work for the same reasons.

I think that your account may have actually been opened/activated.

I would check your online banking to see if your credit card/debit card was charged.  If it was, try inserting your Public Mobile sim card to see if the Public Mobile service is working.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aandrej the SIM may be locked. Wait 1 hour from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card.  Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@aandrej the session seems to have locked the sim for now. wait about 30 min and try again using your browser in incognito or private mode

Need Help? Let's chat.