cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Activate account

Brian101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I am trying to sign up for a public mobile plan. I have a sim card and finished all of the activation process just for it to say that the activation has failed and contact public mobile for help. I tried to restart the process and it says that my SIM number was already in use in a session and that I have to wait 50 minutes. I would rather not wait and want to get the setup done as quickly as possible.

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Brian101 wrote:

Hello

I am trying to sign up for a public mobile plan. I have a sim card and finished all of the activation process just for it to say that the activation has failed and contact public mobile for help. I tried to restart the process and it says that my SIM number was already in use in a session and that I have to wait 50 minutes. I would rather not wait and want to get the setup done as quickly as possible.

@Brian101 Best to wait for the hour to go by and for the activation session lock to clear from the system instead of buying a new card.

As others have mentioned best to pick a temporary PM number and complete the activation and setup your online selfservre account. Once you are happy with everything then you can port your old number using selfserve.

@Brian101If you don't want to wait? Use another SIM card and another email address and consider the SIM card (and any credit card charges used during the activation) a sunk cost.

Once you have selfserve just go to this page any type in all the relevant info.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

@ChuckYeah wrote:

You change your number in your self serve account and just wait until it completes.

Nut if you have a new number in place you have full functionality until that happens.

Plans and Addons - Change Phone Number

Create your self service account and you will be able to do it by selecting plan/addon tab, then change number tab, then port phone option.

You will need your account number and pin as well. 

Who is your current provider?

You change your number in your self serve account and just wait until it completes. Nut if you have a new number in place you have full functionality until that happens.

Brian101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How would I go about porting my old number once this is all done?

Also if you plan on porting your old number it's best to pick a new number with public mobile and make sure everything works and then go back in your new account and port your old number! 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

There is no way around a session lock; however, try logging out, clearing your cache and if possible trying incognito mode. If it still says wait 50 minutes... I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to see if they charged you and if they did try your sim card in your phone. If they didn't charge you you'll have to wait 50 minutes or so and try again 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try another browser  or incognito mode

Also clean your cashe it may be held hostage by a session.

Don't forget your referral either

Need Help? Let's chat.