Cancelling or suspending service by PM

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can Public Mobile cancel my service? Explain

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@liuxinbing wrote:

I think OP means something else that is not under any of the conditions and terms you guys mentioned above. I think he meant could PM cancel the service without any fault of his. By reading the forum, we are aware that a number of people having the problem of plan expired while having enough fund in the account.

I don't see why the glitch is still there. 

The OP hasn't added any more clarity. They did say "Explain". So they kinda left it open.

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM will only suspend or cancel your service if you have not complied with the Service Terms or any other service agreement you have with them (or if PM reasonably believes that either may occur). PM may also suspend or cancel your service for any reason, upon 30 days' notice to you. Upon suspension or cancellation, PM will have no obligation to maintain any voicemail messages, contact information or other content related to your use of the Service and you agree that all such messages, information and content may be deleted immediately without notice to you.

liuxinbing

I think OP means something else that is not under any of the conditions and terms you guys mentioned above. I think he meant could PM cancel the service without any fault of his. By reading the forum, we are aware that a number of people having the problem of plan expired while having enough fund in the account.

I don't see why the glitch is still there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@selva1 wrote:

Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll find a link called Service Terms.

In there you'll find:

Can Public Mobile cancel my service?

Public Mobile will only suspend or cancel your service if you have not complied with the Service Terms or any other service agreement you have with us (or if Public Mobile reasonably believes that either may occur). Public Mobile may also suspend or cancel your service for any reason, upon 30 days' notice to you. Upon suspension or cancellation, Public Mobile will have no obligation to maintain any voicemail messages, contact information or other content related to your use of the Service and you agree that all such messages, information and content may be deleted immediately without notice to you.

@selva1 wrote:

In theory, Public Mobile could, and they do suspend an account if there's a payment issue such a credit card chargeback, but otherwise, there's no reason to cancel services.

To immediately cancel, a customer could port out to another carrier, but really you won't receithere's no reason for a customer to outright cancel Public Mobile service since there won't be any refund.

JaimeLaPizza

@selva1  Could you be more specific ?  Is it that:

1. you wish Public Mobile could cancel your service ?  Do you want a refund ?  I do not think it is possible with pre-paid service such as Public Mobile.
  2. you worry that Public Mobile could cancel you service for some reason ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.