cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel the account

ksrf2004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.

so we noticed that the SIM card isn't working. We want to cancel the current account and make a new one. Also, I want to get refund on the current account. How would I do that? Also, I would like to have the company's phone number. Does anyone know their number? I need to do this ASAP.

13 REPLIES 13

jaguarbass

make sure the SIM card is in the slot the correct way.  You might have it in backwards.  What phone are you using?

Starting to sound like a bad SIM card if PM never locks SIM cards. I would ask moderator and it may lead to them sending you a new SIM card. Have you ported an existing number or did you choose a new number to get the account going? If you ported your number already and it is no longer working on your old SIM card then you are dead in the water now. If so and this is a huge deal can you buy a replacement SIM card somewhere and do the Change SIM card online to see if that gets it going? I would assume they will make it right for you but dealing with moderators can take a couple of days.

AE_Collector

@ksrf2004 wrote:

It happens on another phone as well.

It didn't happen with a different SIM card.

@ksrf2004  if that's the case ask the moderator for sim unlock code.

ksrf2004

It happens on another phone as well.

It didn't happen with a different SIM card.

Reboot the phone after using the PUK code maybe?

Would the account have been created yet to charge your credit card at this point? If so, you don't want to cancel that and start over, need to get the phone successfully unlocked. If trying to get this done before the current promo ends today you can use the SIM card in another phone temporarily and for that matter you don't even need the SIM card in a phone to have the account activeated. I would use a new temporary phone number if not too late, then port your number in once these phone problems are resolved.

AE_Collector

@ksrf2004  Public does not lock their sim cards. If you put the sim card in another phone does it ask for s PIN? If not, then the issue is with you phone.

ksrf2004

We have the PUK unlock code, but not the SIM PIN.

@ksrf2004 wrote:

Hello.

It's Samsung phone.

When we put in the SIM card, it says it is locked up with PUK. 

After we put in the PUK code, it moves on to the next screen where it says put in your PIN number of the new SIM card. That is where we are stuck in.

I am sure I put in the correct PIN number, but it's just not working.

Is it asking for either of sim network unlock pin or sim network unlock puk?  If it is, this means that your phone is carrier locked.

It's your phone @ksrf2004 

No sim will work on it until the code is provided..(except the previous provider or their subsidiary)

Make sure you don't enter it too many times as you can brick the phone

Head over to samsung canada site and contact samsung tech support using chat option ( it's much faster than waiting on call). They have to provide it to you free of charge

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/?lp_offsite=%7B%22type%22%3A0%2C%22campaignId%22%3A151727214%2C%2... 

ksrf2004

Hello.

It's Samsung phone.

When we put in the SIM card, it says it is locked up with PUK. 

After we put in the PUK code, it moves on to the next screen where it says put in your PIN number of the new SIM card. That is where we are stuck in.

I am sure I put in the correct PIN number, but it's just not working.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public is a prepaid service and no refunds.  What's wrong with the sim card?  If you need support, you should click on the ? icon in the bottom right corner.  There is no phone number to call.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ksrf2004 wrote:

Hello.

so we noticed that the SIM card isn't working. We want to cancel the current account and make a new one. Also, I want to get refund on the current account. How would I do that? Also, I would like to have the company's phone number. Does anyone know their number? I need to do this ASAP.

Is this newly activated? It's easier to get the account working than get a refund and starting over. What happens when you insert sim in phone?  What is the model of phone?  Were there any error messages when you were activating?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ksrf2004 

stpm-new.png

Need Help? Let's chat.