cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada usa plan

Allan2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • With th $50 Canada / USA plan can you call from anywhere in USA to anywhere in Canada or do you require any additional add ons. 
  • Thanks
14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drmartin wrote:

@Allan2 wrote:

Great thanks.

@so 10 days @ $8, unlimited calls from the USA to anywhere in Canada or USA sounds like a great deal.

$24/30 days + the base plan?

@drmartin @Allan2 so effectively $24 + $10 = $34 + tax every 30 days.  That's not horrible if all you need is phone calls while in the USA.  As noted by drmartin, if you have (or can get) a dual-SIM phone, you could use this approach for your calls and get a local US carrier SIM on a data-only plan in your second SIM slot for mobile data (if needed).  

The biggest problem with this recurring $8 US Roaming Talk is going to be managing it.  You'll have to faithfully return to your self-serve account every 10 days and keep re-purchasing.  DO NOT try to purchase the next 10 days before the current 10 days expire or you will end up not able to make or receive any calls--having two active US Roaming Talk add-ons at the same time confuses the system to the point where your talk stops working.  I believe that self-corrects once the earlier add-on expires and removes itself from your account, but it's worth noting that you should not try to overlap to prevent gaps as you will actually cause them instead.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allan2 wrote:

Thanks

i was looking for a snowbird package - I will look at other options

These add-ons are only for 10 days.

Picking up any of those el-cheapo MVNO services in the states would be cheaper. I found it kinda fun to have a local number too even though I could roam for a vacation.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Allan2 wrote:

Great thanks.

@so 10 days @ $8, unlimited calls from the USA to anywhere in Canada or USA sounds like a great deal.

$24/30 days + the base plan?

drmartin

@Allan2 wrote:

Thanks

Yeah, your solution is probably to get a Canadian SIM and a US SIM.  Maybe a dual-sim phone to help along the way.

Allan2

Great thanks.

So 10 days @ $8, unlimited calls from the USA to anywhere in Canada or USA sounds like a great deal.

Poogzley

@srlawren wrote:
@Poogzley wrote:

@Allan2 wrote:

Thanks

and is this still tied to the 50 minutes a month or does it give unlimited calling within USA and Canada for the 10 days.

Yes, I believe that the addon is tied to the plan. If you have 50 minutes and purchase the roaming plan you still only have 50 minutes.

@Poogzley no, this is incorrect.  @Allan2 you will have unlimited calling while in the USA for the duration of the add-on (~10 days).  You can make calls to USA or Canadian numbers, and receive calls from anywhere.

Thank you for correcting me! I just learned something new! 😁👍🏻

srlawren
@Poogzley wrote:

@Allan2 wrote:

Thanks

and is this still tied to the 50 minutes a month or does it give unlimited calling within USA and Canada for the 10 days.

Yes, I believe that the addon is tied to the plan. If you have 50 minutes and purchase the roaming plan you still only have 50 minutes.

@Poogzley no, this is incorrect.  @Allan2 you will have unlimited calling while in the USA for the duration of the add-on (~10 days).  You can make calls to USA or Canadian numbers, and receive calls from anywhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Poogzley

@Allan2 wrote:

Thanks

Allan2

Thanks

Poogzley

@Allan2 wrote: I then purchase the USA roaming $8 for 10 days. If so does that allow me to make calls back to Canada.

That is correct with the roaming addon you can call home to Canada from the USA.

Allan2

Thanks. So if I purchase the base plan $10 a month for 50 minutes and travel to the USA, can I then purchase the USA roaming $8 for 10 days. If so does that allow me to make calls back to Canada.

Allan2

Thanks

mimmo

also just be aware there are certain (very few) usa numbers that are exclued in the USA calling, not sure about the roaming.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Which-U-S-area-codes-are-not-supported-...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Allan2

The US calling is only within Canada.  If you are in the United States, you will need to buy a 10 day roaming package.  

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.