cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Can't use my old number

I don't have an account set up yet because I never activated the sim card, it won't let me create and acount without setting up a phone first. im on the screen toCheck if your phone number is eligible: and it says mine is NOT, 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't use my old number


@Mountainmaxman wrote:

There is no balance due, set up for automatic payments monthly, on contract. If I try to choose pick a new number it does not list any numbers in my area/city seems like it's only listing koodoo numbers in the next city over from me


Best thing to do would be to message the mods for further assistance.

 

It can take up to 72 hours to receive a response but I think they have been responding fairly quickly lately.

 

You can do so by clicking here.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't use my old number


@Mountainmaxman wrote:

There is no balance due, set up for automatic payments monthly, on contract. If I try to choose pick a new number it does not list any numbers in my area/city seems like it's only listing koodoo numbers in the next city over from me


Telus owns Koodo and PM.  Number for PM will come from the same pool of numbers. 

 

Nowadays, the new area code will cover the whole province. For an example, the new Alberta area code 825 will cover any city in Alberta.

 

Which province are you located?  What area code your are getting from PM?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Can't use my old number

Most likely the incompatibility of your old number just means that you have a locked number. Do you know if you do? If so, just unlock it with the many on-line options available or ask your old provider to do it. That will probably cost more. I found unlcoking phones normally costs about $25.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't use my old number


@Padre wrote:

Most likely the incompatibility of your old number just means that you have a locked number. Do you know if you do? If so, just unlock it with the many on-line options available or ask your old provider to do it. That will probably cost more. I found unlcoking phones normally costs about $25.


Providors HAVE to unlock your phone for free. That shouldn't have anything to do with the number though, just the phone itself. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Can't use my old number

I have never heard of a locked phone number, the phone is unlocked from the providors. Im in Newfoundland and Labrador area code 709-735 and i need to keep this number.

Highlighted
Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't use my old number


@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I have never heard of a locked phone number, the phone is unlocked from the providors. Im in Newfoundland and Labrador area code 709-735 and i need to keep this number.


I can't speak for 709-735/Bell but it worked for my 709-693/Virgin (which is owned by Bell). I didn't get any message like yours but after waiting the 2-4 hours I suspected an issue and had to get the mods to fix it which did have some downtime of about 16 hours. Glad to see more people from Newfoundland showing up around here. Most people in NL that I talk to have never heard of Public Mobile. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Can't use my old number

I tested my girlfriends bell number 709-897 and that showed fine, just not mine. May give up on this public mobile, not user friendly when you can't call a person to fix an issue like this

 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't use my old number


@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I tested my girlfriends bell number 709-897 and that showed fine, just not mine. May give up on this public mobile, not user friendly when you can't call a person to fix an issue like this

 


I agree its not for everyone. I HATE calling places for support (did support for 10+ years) and opt for email or chat support whenever possible so Public Mobile is a great choice for me. 

GR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Can't use my old number

If anyone needs a referral number to get 10$ off they're bill let me know !