cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can't use my old number

I never seen a place to test my current number before ordering the sim card and paying my $10 now it tells me "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered" I cannot change my number so does this mean Public mobile is not for me?

Tav
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Can't use my old number

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I never seen a place to test my current number before ordering the sim card and paying my $10 now it tells me "We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered" I cannot change my number so does this mean Public mobile is not for me?

Who is your current providor? Some ports require a message to the mods to port. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

If you cancelled your previous service you won't be able to port the number out.  You have to keep the service active to be able to move it.  Annoying but that's the way it is.

Otherwise there may be some providers which don't allow porting, I've heard of that with VoIP for example.

Oracle

@Mountainmaxman, what do you mean by test your number?  If you wish to try the service, you could sign up for a minimalist plan with a temporary number.  If you are happy, then port your number in.  There is no carrier brand that offers testing without actually purchasing a service.  

Bell Mobility

I did not cancel it, im still using it. just trying to port it over.

What I meant by testing was to punch in my current number to see if it can be ported over. It says it's unable to port my number so I didn't want to hook it up if I can't use my current number

Tav
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Is there a balance on the Bell account? I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't be able to port in a Bell number. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

Login to your PM self-serve account.  Select the following screen to port your number to PM.

[Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Transfer a wireless or wireline number ]

If you have a Koodo prepaid, you cannot use the above automated number porting method.  You need to send a private message to moderator to port your Koodo prepaid number to PM.  Moderator wait time is about 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Port a number from another mobile provider will take up to 2 -3 hours.

Port a number from a landline or VoIP number will take up to a week.

There is no balance due, set up for automatic payments monthly, on contract. If I try to choose pick a new number it does not list any numbers in my area/city seems like it's only listing koodoo numbers in the next city over from me