cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my new phone account.

tuck53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why am I not able to use my phone, yet my history says I am using it. I have never been able to make a single call, text or get web service since I enrolled on October 3, yet my history says that I have made calls, texts, and have received web mail. Could my number be being used by someone else? Publicmobile, please correct the problem and reset the billing appropriately.

6 REPLIES 6

tuck53

It's the SIM card I received, and it was successfully activated on October 3rd. I'll try to send more information later. Sorry for the delays.

@tuck53 wrote:

Hi! My phone is a Moto G 6 Play. You may be right, the exact unit isn't listed, but comperable ones are.

@tuck53  Make sure you are using your PM sim card in your phone. Smiley Frustrated

@tuck53 

your phone should work with PM.  

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6_play-9002.php

More details would be helpful...

did you activate new number or port over number from another company?

Is your account status active or suspended? 

Do you see public mobile signal icon on top of your phone?

Maybe try your Sim card in another phone to determine whether hardware issues versus Public mobile issue.  

Other things to try:

Reboot your phone

Network reset

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

tuck53

Hi! My phone is a Moto G 6 Play. You may be right, the exact unit isn't listed, but comperable ones are.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tuck53  does your device connect to PM's network? What type of device are you using? Sounds like your phone might not be compatible with PM.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi,  some additioanl questions.

• what phone are you using? is it compatable with PM network?
  •   what number are the calls going to (just provide last 4 digits)?   are they going to the voicemail number?   
  • what happens if you try to call the number from a friends sell phone?

did you port in a number or using a new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.