cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't transfer my postpaid Koodo number

sleeplessmother
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just activated my PM sim card.

Then tried to transfer my postpaid Koodo number.  Get an error message saying that my Koodo number isn't eligible.  What now?? 

My Koodo account is still active.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well I derped then, hard to follow stuff these days, on overload.

@darlicious wrote:

@XionBunny  PC mobility was owned by telus. Bell continues to operate the postpaid service. Telus dispersed itself of the prepaid service in October of 2018.

@XionBunny  PC mobility was owned by telus. Bell continues to operate the postpaid service. Telus dispersed itself of the prepaid service in October of 2018.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@sleeplessmother  That's awesome...that was a quick response. And yes pc mobility used to be owned by telus so it falls into that shared back end category. Basically all internal so it's not really getting ported but just transferred internally. Welcome to public mobile!

To correct you, it IS owned by Telus, the ownership hasn’t changed since they were acquired by them long ago, but seriously Telus needs to rework their entire backend for all their owned entities, as it stands it’s a nightmare.

bijokvk

Make sure the PIN number or Account number you entering is correct.

@sleeplessmother  That's awesome...that was a quick response. And yes pc mobility used to be owned by telus so it falls into that shared back end category. Basically all internal so it's not really getting ported but just transferred internally. Welcome to public mobile!

sleeplessmother

Internally, not originally.

sleeplessmother

It turns out that because my Koodo number was originally a PC Mobile number, I couldn't do the transfer myself on-line.  The moderator had to do it originally.  I am impressed with the speed of responses from the community and the moderator to my issue.

Thanks everyone.

sleeplessmother

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I have sent a ticket to a moderator and they are looking to do an internal change.  

I am awaiting further instructions from moderator.

@sleeplessmother  Just to clarify is your koodo number prepaid or postpaid? Prepaid you need a moderator to iniate the port because koodo prepaid and pm share the same back end so the port is entirely internal. If it's postpaid try clearing your browser. Have only one tab open . Use secret/incognito mode in chrome, Firefox or safari (for iphone/pad) and try again. If it still gives you the "error" message wait for moderator help.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sleeplessmother wrote:

Just activated my PM sim card.

Then tried to transfer my postpaid Koodo number.  Get an error message saying that my Koodo number isn't eligible.  What now?? 

My Koodo account is still active.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

@sleeplessmother if the guide didn't help, talk to moderators directly by sending a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Keep it active..prepaid moderators have to do it.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If it post paid do it online from your account

Screenshot_20191223_210328.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.