cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t text on LG K4

Legon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up earlier this evening and ported a number from Lucky Mobile on an LG K4 (2017). I am able to call and I have data but I am not able to send or receive texts. Messages show as being sent without any error. I checked APN settings, reset network settings and restarted phone. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And honestly contacting the moderators should always be the last course of action if everything fails and I do mean everything, always try every troubleshooting option available here, google is your friend as well.

@Legon wrote:

I signed up earlier this evening and ported a number from Lucky Mobile on an LG K4 (2017). I am able to call and I have data but I am not able to send or receive texts. Messages show as being sent without any error. I checked APN settings, reset network settings and restarted phone. What am I missing? Any suggestions?

Don't spend any further time checking APN settings. Those aren't related to text messaging. The setting that you do need to be checking for is the SMSC/message service centre.  That should be set to +16475800172.

Not being able to receive text messages could be a number porting issue. However, not being able to send an outgoing text message is not related to number porting. 

Sometimes, when you've been using an Android phone at another carrier and then insert a different carrier's sim card, you cannot send outgoing text messages from within existing conversations/text messaging threads. If that's what's happening here, you would need to delete the the text messaging conversation with that person and start a new one. Please note that if you do that, you will lose any messages and information in the text messaging conversation.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Legon 

If your LG K4 is like my LG G5, it comes with its LG message app.

Try Google Messages app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_CA

You said your data is working.  Your APN is fine.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Legon  Try clearing the cache of your messages app and then force close the app. Restart your phone and try sending a text to test.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Legon could you post your apn settings here so that it can be checked over?  Thanks.

@Legon wrote:

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I would contact moderators with your IMEI number, they'll push the settings

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Lg od known for issues like that, that was the only thing that worked for a family member with lg

Need Help? Let's chat.