cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign up with email address

NatalieR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to activate my SIM card with my email address it says it's unavailable. When checking to see if this is true using the forgot password form it says it can't verify the email address. I have never had an account with public before and nobody has ever used my email for it before.

I've read that there may be issues with trying to use the same email for a new public account as a koodo prepaid account but I am not a prepaid customer.

I suspect that I will not be able to sign up on time in order to take advantage of black friday deals if I have to ask a moderator for help. Do I have any option here besides creating a new email address solely for public mobile or not switching to it at all?

4 REPLIES 4

@NatalieR wrote:

This seems to be a recurring issue for PM based on a search of community posts. Is there no real solution that doesn't involve workarounds on the customer's part or even explanation of what this issue is?

@NatalieR   I do remember when I signed up over a year ago that if you are porting in from either Telus or Koodo to use a different email.  I had to do that too as I was porting in from Koodo and another line later was ported from Telus.  Also best to get a temporary number with PM first before porting in your Koodo number and make sure everythign is working well first.

Anyway, I found the following advice/info from FAQ curtesy of @NDesai..

Note: if you are porting your number from Koodo/Telus, Use alternate Email instead of Same Email used on those accounts so that they avoid the Technical Pitfalls associated with them, and that only Edit their emails to their preferred email AFTER porting is Completed Successfully and Service begins without issue.

NatalieR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This seems to be a recurring issue for PM based on a search of community posts. Is there no real solution that doesn't involve workarounds on the customer's part or even explanation of what this issue is?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@NatalieR wrote:

When I try to activate my SIM card with my email address it says it's unavailable. When checking to see if this is true using the forgot password form it says it can't verify the email address. I have never had an account with public before and nobody has ever used my email for it before.

I've read that there may be issues with trying to use the same email for a new public account as a koodo prepaid account but I am not a prepaid customer.

I suspect that I will not be able to sign up on time in order to take advantage of black friday deals if I have to ask a moderator for help. Do I have any option here besides creating a new email address solely for public mobile or not switching to it at all?

If you have a different email than the one you're using for Koodo, try using that instead.  You can just get another email for now too, Gmail or other?

PM's website is known to be glitchy, so clearing your browser cache/cookies and use incognito mode.  Waiting one hour is also usually recommended.

If you're still having issues, submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in 'rep', then select 'contact us' and then 'submit ticket' and follow the rest of the prompts.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NatalieR  If your email provider supports aliases just setup an alias and use that to activate your sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.