cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive texts after data warning reached

Marie-Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't send or receive text pictures, but could before today. 

I had set my data limit to 5.5 GB, and my plan is 6.5 GB. So I couldn't get pictures text to work once I reached my limit. 

I went and changed my phone's data limit to 6.5 GB and it did not fix the issue.

I need help,as I need to send and receive text pictures. 

Anyone else had this issue happen to them?

If so, what did you do to fix the issue?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@srlawren That is 100% correct sir!! Brain fart!! Smiley Very Happy

GC

@GreatCanadian no worries, it happens to us all!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren That is 100% correct sir!! Brain fart!! Smiley Very Happy

GC

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GreatCanadian since MMS doesn't require any data available, just the data connection, there's no point in checking data bucket in self-serve for an MMS problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GreatCanadian

If any of the above suggestions do not work log in to your self-serve account and make sure you actually have data left. As soon as you log in look toward the bottom of the page. It should tell you how much data you have used. If it shows nothing at all (not even how much data is included in your plan), then you're data is all used up.

It looks like you are using your phone's data tracker for data usage? You need a data tracker that can be set to a 30 day cycle. If you have an iPhone I strongly suggest you use an app called My Data Manager. If you're android, install Data Witness PM. These both allow you to set a 30 day cycle.

GC

MacMe

Maybe try removing the data restriction all together (at least temporarily) and try sending/receiving a MMS message.  

GreatCanadian

Make sure that data is turned on (even though you increased the data limit, it may still be turned off). Then if you haven't already, try restarting your phone.

GC

lkwmaple
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sometimes having active Wi-Fi connection will prevent you from sending/receiving pictures via SMS. Make sure you are on your mobile data connection to send/receive pictures. Hope this helps.

jp2

Is your data working for other things?

Need Help? Let's chat.