cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive data

Don_G
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Samsung Evergreen SGH-A667T. It's been a trouble free phone for many years and suits all my needs. I was with Telus from the day I bought it. I never had a need for data plan. Now I'm with Public Mobile.

Now that Public Mobile have given us some free data, I thought I would try it out. When I do try, I get the message no data plan. At the moment network profiles still say Tellus no Public Mobile. Are there some changes to be made?

4 REPLIES 4

Don_G
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That info did it. I had to cherry pick from your info. Thanks alot

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Try checking your APN Settings.

For Android, click:
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile/Cellular Networks > Access Point Names >

These are mine:

Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This was reported a few times when the free 1gb was handed out. I think a network reset was tried and maybe changing APN settings as well. 

Ultimately I think the best option was a ticket to moderators to push the settings to your phone.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Don_G wrote:

I have a Samsung Evergreen SGH-A667T. It's been a trouble free phone for many years and suits all my needs. I was with Telus from the day I bought it. I never had a need for data plan. Now I'm with Public Mobile.

Now that Public Mobile have given us some free data, I thought I would try it out. When I do try, I get the message no data plan. At the moment network profiles still say Tellus no Public Mobile. Are there some changes to be made?

Log into My Account / Data & Add-ons to review your plan. See if there's any mention of data...if not, you've used it up.

Which plan did you subscribe to ?

Need Help? Let's chat.