cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive SMS but I can SMS pictures

Kellymuller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to public mobile, I moved my number and calling + data works. I have received+sent some texts and have checked the apn settings but I Can't send or receive SMS but I can SMS pictures. Can I call someone or can someone check my number?

5 REPLIES 5

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry if I missed this... but what kind of phone do you have?

Sounds like a settings issue....

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you received Public Mobile's SMS saying your porting is complete ?  If not, I would just wait, once you receive it everything should be fine.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kellymuller wrote:

I am new to public mobile, I moved my number and calling + data works. I have received+sent some texts and have checked the apn settings but I Can't send or receive SMS but I can SMS pictures. Can I call someone or can someone check my number?

@Kellymuller  You should be able to send sms and make calls even if your port hasn't completed. If you dial 611 what happens? 

What type of phone do you have?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Kellymuller wrote:

You should be able send sms text message even if number porting isn't complete.  Check if smssc/message center is set to +16475800172.

As well, sending pictures is not sms.  That is mms and uses APN setting to work.  The Sms uses a different type of setting.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kellymuller wrote:

@Kellymuller If you have not fully down the porting from your previous carrier, you need to wait until you get a text message from PM that the porting completed. In the meantimes, you may have a temporary number and you can send message out. But receiving that you need to use your old SIM card from previous carrier. 

Need Help? Let's chat.