cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send SMS texts but can receive SMS, Calling and Data is working fine

vernonli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im unable to send texts out. I've restarted my phone multiple times. My samsung galaxy s7 Messaging centre is greyed out and it's not filled in. What do I do?

47 REPLIES 47

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@

@vernonli wrote:

Im unable to send texts out. I've restarted my phone multiple times. My samsung galaxy s7 Messaging centre is greyed out and it's not filled in. What do I do?

@vernonli  - try to 

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jomelmaquilan07 wrote:

I can't send sms

Is this a new thing? Or ever while here on Public Mobile?

Are you on the $10 plan? Is it an iPhone?

Jomelmaquilan07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't send sms

Pius

@Nanavivien what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

If you have a question that you'd like the Community Forum participants to consider...you should start a new thread. Go to the Community Forum pages, scroll down until you find a topic that looks like it's about your concern (Phones & Hardware maybe). Click it, then click Ask your question.

Nanavivien

Yes it does work

Nanavivien

I can't send sms but can call and receive sms

pkb837

I have a sitiation here, wondering some one can help.

I can send/receive plain text, NO Problem.

But when i send text with URL in it , i.e. replace url with a11gd.xyz, IT IS SENT BUT THE RECIPIENT DON'T RECEIVE IT.

It was working before, now it does not.  Any suggestion/solution will be appreciated.

PRATAP1971

Can't send SMS texts and receive any OPT massage can't show on the screen but can receive SMS Calling and data is work fine.

@RaisashrafThere is a good change your RedMi phone just don't have the 3G bands required for voice (Band 2 and 5).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raisashraf wrote:

I have same problem. . .please give me the number for REDMI phone

What plan are you on?

What number do you mean?

Raisashraf

I have same problem. . .please give me the number for REDMI phone

@rkt2003 wrote:

Do you have a problem? We need more details if you need some help. And it will be easier to use a new thread to explain your problem...you can click here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

rkt2003

@lexi2000 Have your son turn iMessage OFF, wait 5 minutes, and turn ON. That will reset Apple messaging centre.

Best settings are: Settings >> Messages >> iMessge ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show the phone number and his Apple ID email address.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexi2000 wrote:

i cannot for the life of me find out where to post problems but to reply here..i am literally in tears trying to navigate around and find an answer..god i hate public moblie for their stupid and literally confusing site for getting answers.  i refuse to make payment with my credit card anymore after I tried it once and it was never put on my account and noone to to talk to about it.  My son got a new iphone for xmas..he put in the sim card from the other iphone i have the account on and no longer has IM..whose issue is this?  god...soooooooo frustrating?  where do you actually go to post? can't find a button anywhere to post for help!!!!

You found it. You're here. You could have started a new thread for yourself but that's fine. You're here now.

When you say IM do you mean texting SMS?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lexi2000 wrote:

i refuse to make payment with my credit card anymore after I tried it once and it was never put on my account and noone to to talk to about it.  My son got a new iphone for xmas..he put in the sim card from the other iphone i have the account on and no longer has IM..whose issue is this?  god...soooooooo frustrating?  where do you actually go to post? can't find a button anywhere to post for help!!!!

@lexi2000 okay so there's a couple of different issues here.  You mention a payment issue--does the account status show as "active" or "suspended" when you log into the self-serve account?  The other issue you mentioned is "IM" is not working after changing iPhones.  By "IM" do you mean iMessage?  This might be an iMessage configuration issue.  I am not an expert at iPhones, so I'm tagging @CalgaryBen and @Luddite to try to help.  Is everything else included in his plan working?  Ie if the plan includes talk, can he make and receive calls?  If the plan includes data, is data working?  This latter one might be key for iMessage, since it can/does use data for iMessage-to-iMessage delivery.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lexi2000

i cannot for the life of me find out where to post problems but to reply here..i am literally in tears trying to navigate around and find an answer..god i hate public moblie for their stupid and literally confusing site for getting answers.  i refuse to make payment with my credit card anymore after I tried it once and it was never put on my account and noone to to talk to about it.  My son got a new iphone for xmas..he put in the sim card from the other iphone i have the account on and no longer has IM..whose issue is this?  god...soooooooo frustrating?  where do you actually go to post? can't find a button anywhere to post for help!!!!

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@JessieB wrote:

Where would I find this option on an iPhone 6? I’m curently having he same issue and I can’t seem to even find this option to see if it will fix it 

@CalgaryBen any suggestions for setting SMSC on an iPhone?

You can query the value on an iPhone via dialing *#5005*7672# and pressing the green "Send" button.  Setting it is possible, but I've never ever had to do this and it's normally established by the carrier profile.  Upon entering the above, it should reveal that Service Center Address is +16475800172.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JessieB wrote:

Where would I find this option on an iPhone 6? I’m curently having he same issue and I can’t seem to even find this option to see if it will fix it 

@CalgaryBen any suggestions for setting SMSC on an iPhone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JessieB

Badri

@vernonli wrote:

bencab04

Thank you so much for the info, i input the smsc in the phone information by dialing *#*#4636#*#*  and then it is fixed 😁

Pottertons
Massive thanks for the info.

michael2004

@vernonli wrote:

Hey everyone! 

I figured out the problem. I had to input the SMSC number for Public Mobile. My phone's "Message Center" option where you're supposed to put the SMSC number was greyed out. I ended up using my brothers Samsung Galaxy S6 and luckily on his phone, it wasn't greyed out. I inputed the Public Mobile SMSC number and when i transfered my sim back to my Samsung Galaxy S7, the SMSC number transfered with it.

Thanks everyone!

hello everyone,

i got in the same problem with my s7 and i didn't have any other phone to change the smsc number that was greyed out in my settings. I used a program LTE switch from the Play Store that has the posibility to update this smsc number. i hope this can help if you get in the same problem.

@Stroz wrote:

I tried everything and there was nothing I could do on my end. 

I decided that the only thing that could be wrong, after I checked and re-checked, my SMS, SMCS and other settings. For example, is the APN set correctly, is the number for SMS on the SIM set correctly?

Note that for text messaging, you don't need to check APN settings.  APN settings have no effect on text messaging and those settings are only there to enable data/internet usage.

Also, as I mentioned above to the user Alexir,  a wrong SMSC setting would not prevent the receipt of incoming text messages, which he/she is encountering.  An incorrect SMSC would only prvent outgoing text messaging (which Alexir is able to send just fine).

I agree with you that the most likely culprit is the port in.  Incoming text message issues are almost always an issue on the network end (because as I said, even an incorrect SMSC setting wouldn't prevent them from coming in).

Need Help? Let's chat.