cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send MMS

BShepherd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I'm having issues with my phone. I have a Umidigi A9. I've had Publicmobile on a different phone up until yesterday, when I changed (my previous phone suddenly couldn't sent SMS) so I got a new phone, new sim and new number. Had issues at first using Internet, but found information about inputting the proper APN, now I can use internet but still am unable to send audio messages and images via MMS. Does anybody have a solution to my problem?

9 REPLIES 9

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's right. You must manually turn on Public mobile data to send sms. However you must turn off when not required or u will burn your data quickly. Try to use Whatsapp on free wifi where possible, and data plan when no wifi. 

Good luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BShepherd wrote:

Hi there, I'm having issues with my phone. I have a Umidigi A9. I've had Publicmobile on a different phone up until yesterday, when I changed (my previous phone suddenly couldn't sent SMS) so I got a new phone, new sim and new number. Had issues at first using Internet, but found information about inputting the proper APN, now I can use internet but still am unable to send audio messages and images via MMS. Does anybody have a solution to my problem?

@BShepherd  - So you were already an existing Public Mobile customer. Then you got a new phone and SIM and Number? That sounds like you activated a whole new account with Public Mobile. Was that your intention to have two accounts? 

OR, if you did not activate the new SIM card, you simply need to move your current SIM into your new phone, Umidigi A9. Add or remove SIM adapters as necessary. Then keep the new SIM as a spare.

When you move over to the new phone perform a Reset of the Network Settings on the device.

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

APN settings: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BShepherd 

if you can't fix it try to backup and do Factory Reset,

How to do Factory Reset

How to Factory Reset Delete All Content & Settings.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To send/receive MMS, DATA has to be ON. It will not use your data allotment though.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As you had problem with Text on the older device and MMS on new device ... first thing to check that Is your account active, if yes then reset the APN setting described above. 

Also, For MMS make sure your data is ON. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Why is Umidigi always have issue with APN...

What is your current APN setting?  Can you are share?

Specifically, what is the APN type?  some have to set to:  default,mms

@Anonymous wrote:

@BShepherd 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Here is a bit of advice on the advice.  Removing the SIM card is seldom needed unless there was a SIM reader issue.  Switching to 3G is not relevant to this issue.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BShepherd , please check the APN settings again.  Pay particular attention to the MMSC proxy, MMSC and MMS port entries.  Your problem is due to those being potentially incorrect.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BShepherd 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.