cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't retrieve voicemail messages using another phone on new PM account

ldefacendis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM community, i just signed up for new PM account.  People can leave voicemail messages for me, but I get a ' need to call from your own phone to set up voicemail ' system message after entering password using another phone (reason being, my old Bell iphone needs to be unlocked for us on new PM account and I'm waiting 'til Dec 1st to have them do this for no charge).  In the meantime, hoping there's a way to pick up my messages using another phone?

Thanks very much for any insights.

8 REPLIES 8

sohailsayani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does not work - calling from another number to access voice message. Can anyone help?

ldefacendis

Yes, but still saying 'you need to call from your own phone to set-up voicemail' even though all i want to do is retrieve messages - hopefully there's a work around!  Too much work with this, should be easier - thanks.

@ldefacendis, did you try the default voicemail number that @will13am suggested and then trying to access your voicemail?

ldefacendis

Thanks everyone, for your prompt replies but as i mentioned, after successfully keying in my password the system gives me a ' need to call from your own phone to set up voicemail ' message and then hangs up.  Is there a workaround for this please?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@ldefacendis, please try this:

- call your own number from another phone,

- when the voicemail comes on press the * key

- enter your voicemail password (you can set this up online)

- then press 3 for voicemail greeting options to set up your voicemail

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there @ldefacendis,

Welcome to Public Mobile!

You would need to set up your voicemail first before being able to access it from another phone number. 

@closng's suggestion is your best option in this case 🙂 

If you need further assistance, could you send us a private message with your phone number and your 4-digit PIN? 

Thank you 🙂

Saray 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ldefacendis, what part of the country are you in.  Somebody should be able to give you the voice mail number for you locale.  You can manually enter it in the dialer setting.  I am in the GTA, this is the voice mail number in this region.

+16475804002

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ldefacendis,

Would you be able to get a hold of a friend's unlocked phone just so that you can set up your voicemail? I am not sure if there is any way around setting up your voicemail without putting your SIM card in a phone, perhaps someone else can chime in.

Need Help? Let's chat.