cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receiver incoming calls

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ported telephone from Rogers. But I can’t receive phone calls. It goes straight to public mobilevoicemail. It has been a few days. If I call a person and I ask them to call me right back then the call goes through. 

10 REPLIES 10

jonathank
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to my aunt just this past week. Her text messages and outgoing calls were working but not incoming calls. We contacted Public Mobile support through private messages (after going through the SIMon bot; click "Get Help" at the top of this page) and they informed us that she had switched SIM cards too early before Rogers had sent the authorization text message to port her number. So she had to put her old Rogers SIM card back in the phone and wait until she received a text message from them (which the Public Mobile rep initiated) which she responded "YES" to. Then she put the Public Mobile SIM card back in and waited 45 minutes until a text from Public Mobile came and told her to restart her phone. After she restarted her phone then the incoming calls started working.

@VangebrownI assume it is a new activation? There seems to be a lot of problems with activations today. I would suggest you click on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type in problem with new activation and send submit a problem ticket.

Vangebrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went with public mobile I can call out on my phone but I can’t receive incoming calls it says that it is not in service try your number again can you help me please

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@HSPark  That is exactly the behaviour of an iPhone with Do Not Disturb activated. So go to Settings >> Do Not Disturb: review your settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HSPark wrote:

Ported telephone from Rogers. But I can’t receive phone calls. It goes straight to public mobilevoicemail. It has been a few days. If I call a person and I ask them to call me right back then the call goes through. 

@HSPark  Check to make sure you don't have do not disturb feature turned on.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@HSPark If it's going through to Public Mobile voicemail then the port probably went through fine. Make sure your phone is not in Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode. If it's not, turn on Airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, turn it off, then restart your phone.

@HSPark wrote:

As mentioend, since you calls are going to Public Mobile's vociemail, that would indicate that the number port is complete.

Usually, when calls go straight to voicemail, this means that you phone has no usable signal.  Does anything else work such as data and text messaging?  What about outgoing phone calls? You'll want to make sure that your phone is not set to 2g-only network mode.

What phone model are you using?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HSPark wrote:

Is your Rogers SIM card still working?

If no, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port in a number from your old service provider?  

If you can make outgoing call, it seems like port failure.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HSPark 

Initially thought that it was an incomplete port, but if the call goes through (incoming) sometimes, that isn't the case.  Does your text and data work?  

Can you put the PM Sim card in another phone?  That will help determine whether it is hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.