cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages after returning to Canada

ctgill67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Folks looking for help here .

Yesterday after I got a text saying my usa add on had expired ..I stopped recieving text messages ..but I can send them and people see them ...but I can't see their reply ...email and data still work 

Can someone help me with this ? Frustrating their is no technical support to call . Really has me considering leaving as at my age ...this online support thing isn't my way ...

Anyway would appreciate anyone help .

Thanks .

3 REPLIES 3

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ctgill67 wrote:

Really has me considering leaving as at my age ...this online support thing isn't my way ...

Hey. I feel ya on the getting old part. 🙂 Think of this as staying youthful kinda in a mental way. 

Public Mobile is trying to improve their help system.

Sit tight and stay young. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ctgill67, your issue is a known bug that affects text messaging when a US add-on that includes text messaging expires.  The issue self corrects after a couple of days.  This is well documented and discussed in this forum.  Here is a sample thread.  Given the interaction times that some customers report, there is little point in seeking moderator team assistance as the problem will self correct in about the same amount of time. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Text-not-working/m-p/304275

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

First, check if your phone is set to airplain mode or Do Not Disturb. If that isn't the problem try reporting your phone as lost/stolen then report it as found. Then try restarting your phone. Then, turn off your phone and put it into Reset mode, and select "clear cache", then try restarting it again.

Hopefully one of those will work, but many people have reported that it can take a day or two for the system to change back to Canada after a US roaming add-on, so you may just have to wait 1-2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.