cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive phone calls.

sjohns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why can't i receive phone calls. My text works and I can call out but I cannot receive phone calls.

6 REPLIES 6

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile @sjohns🙂

Some good points about porting from @HALIMACS to ensure that the entire process gets completed.  If you are porting, there are different aspects of it that need to be done, and not all at the same time.  That's why it's possible for some things to work while others don't until all of the Porting process gets complete.

If you didn't try to transfer/port your number, then it could be something else.  Let us know!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sjohns 

Trying powering off your phone and wait for a few minutes then power it back on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sjohns wrote:

Why can't i receive phone calls. My text works and I can call out but I cannot receive phone calls.

@sjohns 

IF you just ported a phone number over to Public Mobile it takes about 2-3 hours to complete the port. 

Leave your previous provider's SIM in your phone until the calls some coming into that SIM card. Then when it stops your port should be complete.

If it has been more than 2-3 hours and you still are not receiving your calls to your Public Mobile SIM, contact the Public Mobile Moderators to help you with your port.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

Type "failed port"

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sjohns 

Did you recently activate with Public Mobile and port a number from another provider?  Incoming calls are routinely the last of the calling functions to work when porting in from another provider.

If you did port in, did you reply "YES" to the port authorization request from your prior wireless service provider?

If yes, try reboot, removing and replacing SIM card, and resetting network connections.

If no, contact the Public Mobile port assistance number I'll private message you shortly.   To view message, click on envelope upper right to get to your private message mailbox.

@sjohns wrote:

For text mesages, is it both outgoing and incoming that work?  Did you port a phone number to Public Mobile? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sjohns wrote:

Is your "ringer" turned down/off ?

Need Help? Let's chat.